Combining the ease of play, accessibility and addicting gameplay of the original Strategic Command, Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg adds tons of new features including many player submitted suggestions. Bigger, better and expandable, Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg is an evolutionary, as well as revolutionary, new grand strategy game.
This demo features all of the same gameplay as the full version but includes special demo versions of two campaigns, Fall Weserübung (Axis invasion of Denmark and Norway 1940) and D-Day (Allied invasion of Europe 1944). Purchasing of new units has also been disabled as has the save game function and multiplayer support. Each demo campaign can be played as either the Allied or German side.
Full Game Features:
- Command the forces of 40 different countries, including Germany, UK, USA, USSR, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, Poland, Finland, and many more.
- Fight with 16 different unit types (each with up to 26 different characteristics) including new types like Paratroops, Engineers, Partisans and Amphibious Transports.
- Rewrite history with 6 full length, open ended campaigns beginning at key stages of World War II. Begin the war from the historical invasion of Poland in 1939, Denmark and Norway in 1940, Russia in 1941, Stalingrad in 1942, the invasion of Sicily by the Allies in 1943 or the epic beach landings of D-Day in 1944.
- JUST ADDED!!! An all new seventh, Global War Campaign, has been added! Now expands the game to include a full scale world map and new playable nations like China, Japan, Thailand, Australia and more!
- Five additional mini-campaigns included, North Afrika, Kursk, D-Day, Market Garden, and the Battle of the Bulge each with clearly defined victory conditions and turn limits.
- Huge and beautifully rendered 140x38 2-D isometric tile map with a true-to-scale recreation of Europe (max custom map size of 256x128).
- New Global War Campaign features a special full world map with the Pacific, European and Far East Theatres plus Africa and North and South America all included.
- Original Campaign Map includes greatly expanded areas like North America, the Atlantic (with Iceland) and a very deep USSR (over twice the size of the original map in SCET).
- Advanced event engine that allows players to script/create custom events like troop transfers, supply, territorial surrender and annexation rules.
- Enhanced diplomatic model driven by game events and player pressuring and allowing opposing sides to engage in active counter diplomacy.
- Greatly expanded editor to create custom maps and sizes, place and/or delete any unit/resource/terrain, edit each unit characteristic, set build limits, and edit and create new unit types and countries.
- Multiplayer gameplay includes Hotseat, PBEM, as well as Network (TCP/IP) play.
- Sophisticated AI, Weather, Fog of War Effects, Convoy Routing, Lend-Lease, Scorched Earth Tactics, Siberian troops, Soviet Winter, Urals Industry, Malta Effect and much more!
- Expanded unit models for Air Fleets (Auto/Intercept/Escort/Ground), Submarines (Hunt/Silent) and HQ's (Auto/Select/Deselection of unit attachments).
- New production rules that allow for the option to set build and time delays for unit purchases.
- New features like river sided tiles, frozen/snow/mud/sand terrain as well as separate dynamic winter and desert 3-D unit graphics.
- Winter and Desert specific unit graphics
- Greatly expanded editor that will give you the control to create custom maps and sizes, place and/or delete any unit/resource/terrain, edit each unit characteristic, set build limits, even edit and create new unit types and countries (up to 44 different countries allowed)! An entire game engine at your fingertips!
- Massive amounts of options to customize
- Change every unit setting and property in the unit editor
- Switch between traditional military style unit graphics and new 3D versions
More articles about Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg