Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, available exclusively on Wii, is an action-packed Virtual Experience where the player becomes the hero of the story. As the hero, the player must use the Wii controller to control their legendary sword, and fight off horde after horde of monsters. Slice at enemies, parry with your shield and block attacks to launch powerful counter-combos.
Dragon Quest Swords contains all the familiar features people have come to expect from the Dragon Quest series, such as a system to power up weapons and the ability to perform a large array of powerful attacks. Additional mini-games add to the fun as you catch darts with your shield and try to defeat Slime monsters as quickly as possible to win bonus items.
Five years have passed since the defeat of the Deathbringer, and the kingdom of Avalonia joyously celebrates what seems to be an everlasting era of peace. However, a closer look reveals that things are amiss. Calamity arises within the kingdom, as unfamiliar and powerful monsters invade the outskirts of town. With the Deathbringer gone, what explanation is there for the onset of these monsters? And what of the queen, who has come to hide her face behind a strange mask?
In the town at the foot of Avalonia Castle, a young man enjoys a peaceful life with his father. That young man is you. It is your sixteenth birthday at last, and time to take the Walk of the Worthy, the trial of strength which all young Avalonian males must undergo upon coming of age.
You will need to put all of your training in the ways of the sword into practice if you are to pass the test, and take your rightful place amongst Avalonia’s warriors. Should you succeed – who knows what adventures await you!
- Show off your swordsmanship, block enemy attacks, and use special skills, all through the simple and intuitive use of the Wii Remote!
- Explore a rich, vibrant 3D world in first-person perspective
- Engage a variety of diverse and colourful enemies, who are brought to life with detailed animation and graphics
- Series creator Yuji Horii, legendary manga artist Akira Toriyama and renowned composer Koichi Sugiyama, team up once again to create an unforgettable gaming experience
- Become the hero in a dramatic storyline that is suitable for all
- Beautiful audio score fully immerses you into the world of Dragon Quest
- New International version includes revised gameplay offering a more intense and challenging experience
- Combine materials to personalize your sword, allowing you to engage in battles unique to your customized abilities and powers.
- Take on the challenges presented by all-new features for the North American release, including a "Payback Mode" and four hidden bosses
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors will be released across all PAL territories spring 2008, and North American on February 19, 2008.