Designed specifically to entertain both casual and hardcore gamers with its deep immersion, five to fifteen minute play sessions and turn-based play style, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords incorporates strategy, role-playing elements and a persistent storyline in a puzzle board setting. Set in the Warlords universe, the game challenges players to create, develop and customize the ultimate hero in order to save the land of Etheria from evil Lord Bane. To advance their character, players battle in turn-based, head-to-head "match-three" style puzzle games in one of three distinct gameplay modes: Single-player allows gamers to battle against the AI as they embark on over 150 challenging quests, Instant Action allows gamers to jump in and immediately play continuous battles to level-up characters without participating in quests, and Multiplayer allows gamers to battle live opponents. Victory will advance the player's hero, magical arsenal, creature companions and more--ultimately rewarding gamers at nearly every turn and providing endless hours of replayability.
Adam joins D3PE having held roles as Vivendi’s UK Managing Director and Vice President of Europe, and as Sales Director for Empire Interactive. As part of his new position, he will be responsible for the sales, marketing and operational functions across Europe and the PAL regions, and will be based in D3PE’s Cambridge office.
“These are very exciting times for D3PE with Dark Sector shaping up to be one of the key action titles of 2008,” said Roberts. “A wealth of exciting new titles on both current and next gen over the coming months and a talented team will cement D3PE’s position as one of the fastest growing game publishers in Europe. D3PE will become a force to be reckoned, and I am delighted to be part of it.”
Adam brings over 17 years of industry experience to D3PE, and joins as the company looks to build on the success of its Flushed Away, Ben 10, Puzzle Quest and Earth Defence Force 2017 titles with the launch of Dark Sector: a stunning action title for PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360 due for release in April. The company will also be releasing video games based on Aardman’s popular Shaun the Sheep character in 2008, alongside the eagerly-awaited follow-ups to the best-selling Ben 10 and Puzzle Quest.
- Strategy and role-playing elements that function harmoniously in the puzzle gameboard setting offer a refreshing twist on classic puzzle gameplay, fostering an exceptional depth of investment and enjoyment.
- Competitive, turn-based gameplay encourages you to plan, think and strategize against opponents instead of just react like most traditional puzzle games; game difficulty and progression are related to outsmarting your enemies as opposed to difficulty increasing solely through level progression.
- If you experience defeat, you are still awarded experience points as well as partial gold and then encouraged to try again; this allows constant progression and avoids any feelings that invested play time is wasted.
- At every turn, you will acquire helpful companions, collect or cast powerful magic spells, gather informational “rumours,” and obtain items like weapons, armour and money to advance your hero.
- Play in long or short doses since the depth of the game does not waver according to the length of a gameplay session; each battle ranges from 3-10 minutes.
- Choose from two male and two female avatars in each of the four character classes—Druid, Knight, Warrior and Wizard—to create, develop and customise your ultimate hero.
- Build an empire as you capture cities, build castles and gain a party of companions that will aid you in battle.
- Three Distinct Gameplay Modes Offer Unparalleled Replayability
- Single-player: Battle against the computer AI as you embark on more than 150 challenging quests
- Instant Action: Jump in and immediately play continuous battles to level up your character without participating in quests
- Multiplayer: Battle live opponents via wireless connectivity on both the PSP and the NDS.
More articles about Puzzle Quest