Major League Baseball 2K8 returns to the diamond with the most complete MLB experience available on every major video game console. Revolutionizing your control of the 5 tools in baseball are brand new pitching, fielding and baserunning controls and completely overhauled batting interface. Featuring a totally unique trading card mode, robust Minor League system, all-new Signature Style animations for 2008, and more, Major League Baseball 2K8 brings a new level of fun to the virtual baseball world.
Pitchfork Media has made a name for itself since its inception in 1996 as the de facto online source for quality and discerning music reviews and news. The Pitchfork staff also shares passion for the game of baseball and it is the combination of their passion for music and baseball that makes them the perfect partner in constructing a truly epic soundtrack for Major League Baseball 2K8.
2K Sports has invited Pitchfork Media to select half of the music to be featured in Major League Baseball 2K8, guaranteeing that, along with the deepest and most authentic baseball simulation experience available, fans will also be able to enjoy a cutting-edge selection of the hottest music around - including artists such as Modest Mouse, Peter Bjorn & John, The Cure, The Strokes, LCD Soundsystem, and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Each artist and song selected for the game by Pitchfork Media will be denoted as a “Pitchfork Pick,” and will include additional bio information as well.
In the shared spirit of promoting independent artists and music, 2K Sports will join the 3rd Annual Pitchfork/Windish Agency day party at the SXSW 2008 conference in Austin, Texas on Friday, March 14th. The lineup will include Major League Baseball 2K8 “Pitchfork Pick” and garage-rock mainstay Jay Reatard performing alongside other breakout acts. Featuring over fifty stages and venues in downtown Austin, SXSW 2008 showcases hundreds of musical acts from around the globe and is known as one of the premier and most influential music events of the year.
“Pitchfork Media is a respected and reliable part of the independent music community and an integral part of the lives of hundreds of thousands of music enthusiasts worldwide,” said Tim Rosa, director of brand and lifestyle marketing at 2K Sports. “This is the first time Pitchfork Media has partnered with a videogame publisher, which is exciting since we share the same dedicated passion for highlighting new artists and being involved in independent music. We’ve always respected their impeccable taste and no-holds-barred voice in the music industry because it complements our approach to games – we both want to push our respective industries further by supporting independent substance over mainstream smoke.”
“Baseball and video games are two of Pitchfork's favorite hobbies, so the opportunity to select music for Major League Baseball 2K8 is a dream come true,” said Chris Kaskie, associate publisher at Pitchfork Media. “Partnering with 2K Sports is a natural fit for Pitchfork, as they're a like-minded company that shares a passion for music and a desire to promote forward-thinking and exciting new projects instead of following a more traditional path. We're thrilled to work with 2K Sports to select one half of the Major League Baseball 2K8 soundtrack, and can't wait to play the game.“
Below is the list of songs that will be included in the soundtrack of Major League Baseball 2K8.
- Battles -- Atlas
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club -- Need Some Air
- Blitzen Trapper -- Wild Mountain Nation
- Dinosaur Jr. -- Almost Ready
- Jay Reatard -- My Shadow
- Kasabian -- Reason Is Treason
- LCD Soundsystem -- Watch The Tapes
- Modest Mouse -- Dashboard
- Peter Bjorn & John -- The Chills
- The Cars -- Moving In Stereo
- The Cool Kids -- 88
- The Cure -- Never Enough
- The Flaming Lips -- The W.A.N.D. - no MF edit
- The Hold Steady -- Stuck Between Stations
- The Presidents Of The United States Of America -- Cleveland Rocks
- The Revolution Fox Experiment -- Hyper Charlie
- The Strokes -- Someday
- Swing Stick 2.0 - Unparalleled ball-to-bat contact, unlimited variety of hit types and more realistic at bats with deeper Inside Edge integration.
- More Signature Style - New and improved player walk-ups, batting stances, waggles, home run celebrations, step-ins and step-outs bring each player to life in true, 2K Sports fashion.
- Total Pitch Control - A revolutionary right analog stick pitching system where right stick motions and timing determine pitch type, speed and accuracy.
- Precision Throw Control - Unlimited throw types and trajectories using real-world physics and Inside Edge data bring realism and variety to every defensive play on the field.
- All-New Baserunning - Intuitive and simplified baserunning controls featuring overhauled AI now play a key role in offensive strategy.
- Full Minor Leagues - 90 Minor League teams available in both Franchise and Exhibition modes, with over 20 authentic Minor League Stadiums and additional authentic Minor League Stadiums post ship via digital download.
- 2K Cards - Earn them, collect them, share them, and trade them. The most in-depth card trading system ever, taking the MLB 2K community to a new level.
- 2K Sports Online - Now with over 1 MILLION online gamers in the 2K community, go head-to-head against the best players on the planet.
- Best Booth in the Business - 2K Sports proudly brings back the duo Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan to the broadcast booth, delivering the deepest commentary available.
Release Date : March 4, 2008 on X360, PS3, PS2, PSP, and Wii
More articles about Major League Baseball 2K8