Tycho and Gabe have partnered in true collaborative style with independent developer Hothead Games and are bringing the comic to life in the form of the first-ever Penny Arcade video game, a PC/Mac/Linux computer game called Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness. Consulting on the game’s design is Ron Gilbert, creator of such adventure game classics as The Secret of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion. The gameplay is a blend of classic adventure and role-playing (RPG) combat elements set in the 1920’s. Penny Arcade Adventures is initially expected to be released in a downloadable, episodic format with the first episode available later this year.
Key game features:
- Hilarious, over-the-top dialogue written by Jerry Holkins in a style that will be familiar to Penny Arcade fans.
- Progressively unravel the game’s mysteries through classic adventure game play.
- Battle an array of zany enemies with the RPG combat system.
- An interactive Penny Arcade comic: customize the look and dress of your character and explore the unusual world of New Arcadia.
- Gabe, Tycho, Annarchy, The Fruit F*cker 2000 and many favorite Penny Arcade characters, plus new characters designed by Mike Krahulik.
- Set in a steampunk meets pulp horror meets H.P. Lovecraft alternate Penny Arcade universe.