The Samurai Warriors are back with a vengeance! This latest installment features six legendary samurai- each with their own storyline and powerful new weapons. With the introduction of Mercenary mode, the redesigned battlefields of “Okehazama” and “Shikoku”, and new charge attacks, fans now have even more reasons to come back and join the fight.
Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends (SW2XL) introduces six new playable characters to the series, including Toshiie Maeda, Gracia, Motochika Chosokabe, Katsuie Shibata, Kojiro Sasaki, and Yoshimoto Imagawa.
In the new Mercenary mode, players will get the chance to hire other samurai to fight alongside them.
SW2XL can be “remixed” with Samurai Warriors 2 (SW2) to add new Xtreme Legends features to SW2 (sold separately). With the Remix feature, players can use the characters from SW2 in SW2XL. Players can also play SW2’s Story mode, Survival mode and Sugoroku modes using SW2XL’s new characters. The Remix feature also increases character growth level maximums from 50 to 70, adds new charge attacks and adds a 5th weapon level to each of the original Samurai Warriors 2 characters.
And most significantly Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends introduces six new legendary characters:
- Chosokabe Motochika: He looks calm and unflappable but always has passion in his heart. His weapon is a Shamisen. It is a traditional Japanese guitar and he uses the sound waves from this weapon to attack his enemies.
- Gracia: She is a daughter of Mitsuhide Akechi. She has a curious and innocent character. On her travels through Japan she met Magoichi Saiga and built a great relationship with him. Her weapon is her martial arts ability and agile movement coupled with her magical power.
- Imagawa Yoshimoto: He is a man of refined taste such as his love of Kemari (an ancient Japanese sport similar to football) or poems rather than War or politics. He is very proud of his lineage but is always pretty idle on the battle field and keen to avoid dangerous situations. His weapons are the Katana and the ball of Kemari.
- Maeda Toshiie: A hot-blooded man who makes much of bonds of friendship. He respects Katsuie Shibata and treats him like a father. His weapons are the Katana with a wide blade and two spears. He overwhelms enemies by super quick attacks with his sword and wide-range attacks with spears.
- Sasaki Kojiro
He is Musashi Miyamoto’s rival and a man who wants to master the way of sword. He understands the sword is just a weapon for killing people and he believes defeating people in battle is the only way to be a true sword master. His weapons are the Katana with a very long thin blade and the gigantic Katana which is summoned from a parallel world.
- Shibata Katsuie: He is a fearless soldier who belongs to Nobunaga Oda. He tries to teach the way of the Samurai Warrior to Toshiie Maeda whom he treats as a real son throughout his battles. His weapons are two gigantic axes. His powerful attack can sweep all opponents in front of him.
SW2XL, rated T for Teen, is a 1-2 player game, with 2-player Co-op in Story and Free modes, and will be available in stores on PS2, and downloadable via Xbox Live (2400 points), on March 21, 2008.
More articles about Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends