Whether it’s by land, sea or air, Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy challenges you to a frenetic geometric battle! As you destroy your opponents, your can absorb their parts and use them to make your own ship bigger and stronger. In addition, level and plane editors let you customize and design to your liking. With bright, abstract graphics and fast-paced action, this “sticky” creative shooter based on the Tumiki Fighters online game will suck you in for the long haul.
Across more than 15 different land, air and sea missions, the goal of Blast Works is to destroy enemy ships while continually growing your own into a massive craft by absorbing their fragments. The larger a “fused ship” is, the easier it is to protect from the growing onslaught of enemy firepower. Players can also upgrade their ship in the Hangar by customising weapons, propulsion systems and armour.
Creative types will further enjoy building a ship from scratch with the Ship Editor and then testing it out in combat on a custom level they’ve built with the Level Editor. To defend the Hangar, players must use the Wii Remote like an anti-aircraft turret to shoot down enemies attacking from all angles. Finally, the game’s 2-player cooperative mode lets players work together to blast enemies, fuse debris to grow their ships and finish the mission as a team.
- Become a massive ship over 15+ different missions by playing with the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk controller
- Design your own levels by placing enemies, objects and bosses with the Level Editor
- Create ships from scratch (enemy and your own) in the Ship Editor then test it/them out in a real level
- Absorb the pieces and weapons of destroyed enemies to build a larger, stronger ship that prepares you to fight more formidable Boss Ships
- Upgrade your ship in the Hangar by customizing weapons, propulsion systems and armor
- Use the Wii Remote as an anti air turret to protect your Hangar from an enemy threat
- Support multiplayer gameplay for 2-4 players in multiple modes
- Master a never-ending set of randomized levels that adjust in difficulty based on your performance in Marathon Mode
- Retro geometric graphic style lends this classic shooter a unique look
- Finish the game to unlock the original Tumiki Fighters online game!
Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy, developed by Budcat Creations, is scheduled for a June 8, 2008 in North America.
More articles about Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy