Major League Baseball 2K8 returns to the diamond with the most complete MLB experience available on every major video game console. Revolutionizing your control of the 5 tools in baseball are brand new pitching, fielding and baserunning controls and completely overhauled batting interface. Featuring a totally unique trading card mode, robust Minor League system, all-new Signature Style animations for 2008, and more, Major League Baseball 2K8 brings a new level of fun to the virtual baseball world.
2K Sports has been made aware of certain gameplay experience issues within Major League Baseball 2K8 that may effect the enjoyment for some players, and we are in the process of testing downloadable updates for both the X360 and PS3 versions. Specifically, the X360 update will increase the frames per second to help improve the overall gameplay experience, while another update for both the X360 and PS3 will correct an issue in Franchise mode when playing as the San Diego Padres and attempting to move players to and from their minor league roster. These updates are currently undergoing technical review, and will be available for download shortly, free of charge.
2K Sports are also aware of certain gameplay issues with the Wii and PS2 versions of Major League Baseball 2K8. While there is currently not an update available for these platforms, as they do not yet have the network capability to issue updates, the 2K Sports team is working tirelessly to find other alternative solutions to provide an improved gameplay experience. 2K Sports appreciates the feedback from all of our dedicated fans, and will continue to provide other updates and information when available.
Below is the list of songs that will be included in the soundtrack of Major League Baseball 2K8.
- Battles -- Atlas
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club -- Need Some Air
- Blitzen Trapper -- Wild Mountain Nation
- Dinosaur Jr. -- Almost Ready
- Jay Reatard -- My Shadow
- Kasabian -- Reason Is Treason
- LCD Soundsystem -- Watch The Tapes
- Modest Mouse -- Dashboard
- Peter Bjorn & John -- The Chills
- The Cars -- Moving In Stereo
- The Cool Kids -- 88
- The Cure -- Never Enough
- The Flaming Lips -- The W.A.N.D. - no MF edit
- The Hold Steady -- Stuck Between Stations
- The Presidents Of The United States Of America -- Cleveland Rocks
- The Revolution Fox Experiment -- Hyper Charlie
- The Strokes -- Someday
- Swing Stick 2.0 - Unparalleled ball-to-bat contact, unlimited variety of hit types and more realistic at bats with deeper Inside Edge integration.
- More Signature Style - New and improved player walk-ups, batting stances, waggles, home run celebrations, step-ins and step-outs bring each player to life in true, 2K Sports fashion.
- Total Pitch Control - A revolutionary right analog stick pitching system where right stick motions and timing determine pitch type, speed and accuracy.
- Precision Throw Control - Unlimited throw types and trajectories using real-world physics and Inside Edge data bring realism and variety to every defensive play on the field.
- All-New Baserunning - Intuitive and simplified baserunning controls featuring overhauled AI now play a key role in offensive strategy.
- Full Minor Leagues - 90 Minor League teams available in both Franchise and Exhibition modes, with over 20 authentic Minor League Stadiums and additional authentic Minor League Stadiums post ship via digital download.
- 2K Cards - Earn them, collect them, share them, and trade them. The most in-depth card trading system ever, taking the MLB 2K community to a new level.
- 2K Sports Online - Now with over 1 MILLION online gamers in the 2K community, go head-to-head against the best players on the planet.
- Best Booth in the Business - 2K Sports proudly brings back the duo Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan to the broadcast booth, delivering the deepest commentary available.
Currently available on on X360, PS3, PS2, PSP, and Wii
More articles about Major League Baseball 2K8