Gran Turismo has raced far beyond a driving simulator experience; it is a global lifestyle. Setting the bar to unprecedented heights of realism, quality of design and physics technology with every product release, famed developer Polyphony Digital, Inc. continues to obscure the line between simulation and reality with the newest iteration of its blockbuster franchise, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
Available on Blu-ray Disc and as a download via PlayStation Network, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue showcases the automotive experience that is imminent with Gran Turismo 5. Featuring over 60 meticulously detailed cars - including vehicles by Ferrari, Audi and Nissan - for users to race on five beautifully rendered reversible tracks from around the globe, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue runs in stunning1080p High Definition. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will also introduce to the franchise an in-cockpit view, providing a unique perspective for racers and featuring real-time gauges and human animations that accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle. Additionally, in conjunction with a robust offline experience, for the first time in the history of the franchise Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will support up to 16 players racing head-to-head online, complete with community events and leaderboards, to quell any question of who is the best driver in the “World of GT.”
The official Gran Turismo 5 Prologue soundtrack is headlined by an in-game exclusive remix of Weezer's "Automatic," from the band's upcoming album and an EL-P remix of Mars Volta's "Goliath."
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue features an edgy soundtrack that mixes an aesthetic audio blending of indie dance rock, electronica, classic rock and brand new remixes by some of today's hottest recording artists such as Weezer, Mars Volta and DJ Shadow, among others. The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue soundtrack enhances an already comprehensive driving experience, and it builds on the historic success of past Gran Turismo soundtracks that have featured original scores and licensed tracks from the biggest names in the recording industry.
"The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue soundtrack gives fans the perfect audio accompaniment to high-octane racing from Daytona to Eiger Nordwand," said Jeff Reese, director, software marketing, SCEA. "The edgy variety of music complements the pure adrenaline rush fans experience as they eclipse 200 miles-per-hour in the most authentic driving simulator around."
The North American version of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue's soundtrack offers fans a dozen exclusive singles from some of today's hottest new artist such as Justice, The Klaxons and Friendly Fires, and pulses with new tracks such as "Love Love" made famous by Jimi Hendrix and interpolated by DJ Shadow, a pioneer in instrumental hip-hop and famed producer. In addition to the exclusive North American tracks and a new version of Gran Turismo theme song "Moon Over The Castle," the soundtrack offers an international flare of recordings from Goose, Alloy Mental, naomee, Daiki Kasho and Nittoku Inoue.
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue North American Soundtrack Exclusive Tracks to North America
- Weezer - "Automatic" (LA Riots remix)
- The Mars Volta - "Goliath" (EL-P remix)
- Justice - "Let There Be Light"
- SebastiAn - "Dolami"
- Kavinsky - "Testarossa Autodrive" (SebastiAn remix)
- DJ Shadow - "LOVE LOVE"
- Does it Offend You, Yeah? - "With a Heavy Heart (I Regret to Inform You)"
- The Earaches - "Not the Kind of Man I Am"
- Thin Lizzy - "The Rocker (Richard Evans Mix)"
- The Klaxons - "Golden Skans"
- Friendly Fires - "On Board"
- Pride Tiger - "Let 'Em Go"
International Tracks also on the North American Soundtrack
- Masahiro Andoh - "Moon Over The Castle" (Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version)
- Nittoku Inoue - "Road Star"
- Nittoku Inoue - "100,000 R.P.M."
- Nittoku Inoue - "Get Away"
- Nittoku Inoue - "V12"
- Nittoku Inoue - "Kill Switch"
- naomee - "Vanish From Angel"
- naomee - "Sky High Mountain Breeze"
- naomee - "Twieky 4"
- Daiki Kasho - "Surv1v3"
- Daiki Kasho - "Edge of the World"
- Daiki Kasho - "Flow"
- Goose - "Check"
- Goose - "3T4"
- Goose - "Everybody"
- Backdraft ft Tor - "Off The Wall"
- Alloy Mental - "We have Control"
- Reverend & The Makers - "The Machine"
Headlining the roster of over 60 vehicles and 14 additional tuned cars is the Ferrari 599, the Nissan GT-R and the Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic. Players can race these cars and many more around six meticulously rendered tracks, including Daytona International Speedway, London City track and a series favorite, High Speed Ring. Furthermore, additional features will be available to North American consumers, including a Drift Mode, Car Tuning, two-player split screen racing and a new set of offline and online Race Events.
- Acura NSX '91
- Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
- Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
- Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
- Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS
- Art Morrison Corvette'60
- Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
- Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
- Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
- Blitz Dunlop ER34 '07
- BMW 135i Coupe '07
- BMW 135tii '08
- BMW M3 Coupe '07
- BMW Z4 '03
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) Tuned Car
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
- Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '06
- Clio Renault Sport V6 24V Tuned Car
- Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
- Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
- Dodge Viper GTS
- Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
- Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tuned Car
- Ferrari 512BB '76
- Ferrari 599 '06
- Ferrari F40 '92
- Ferrari F430 '06
- Ford Focus ST '06
- Ford GT '05
- Ford GT Tuned Car
- Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
- Honda Integra TYPE R '04
- Honda NSX Type R '02
- Jaguar XK Coupe '06
- Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
- Lexus IS F '07
- Lexus IS F Tuned Car
- Lotus Elise 111R '04
- Lotus Elise 111R Tuned Car
- Lotus Elise '96
- Lotus Elise Tuned Car
- Mazda Atenza Sport (2007 Tokyo Motor Show reference exhibit)
- Mazda RX-7 (FD) Special Tuned Car
- Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
- Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) Tuned Car
- Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
- Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG '02
- Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06
- Mini Cooper-S '06
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Tuned Car
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Tuned Car
- Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07
- Nissan GT-R '07
- Nissan GT-R Proto '05
- Nissan Skyline Coupe (V36) Tuned Car
- Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
- Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept '07
- Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
- Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
- Peugeot 207GTI '07
- Peugeot 307cc Premium AVN '04
- RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
- Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
- Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '07
- Suzuki Cappuccino '95
- Suzuki Cappuccino Tuned Car
- Suzuki Cervo SR '07
- Suzuki Swift Sport '07
- Suzuki Swift Sport Tuned Car
- TVR Tamora '02
- TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
- Volkswagen Golf GTI '01
- Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature six tracks, each with two track layouts.
- Suzuka Circuit Eiger Nordwand
- Fuji Speedway London City Track
- Daytona International Speedway® High Speed Ring
- A first for the franchise, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue supports online racing with up to 16 drivers racing simultaneously on a beautifully rendered race track.
- Race more than 60 high-performance and exhaustively detailed cars, including vehicles from Ferrari, Audi, Nissan and Mitsubishi.
- Race on five stunningly realistic tracks, including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka.
- A new physics engine delivers next-generation vehicle handling. True to the heritage of the Gran Turismo franshise, this new physics engine provides unprecedented realism and authentic handling specific to each car.
- A new in-cockpit view provides a unique perspective for racers and features a customized dashboard for each of the cars in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Real-time gauges and human animations accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle.
- All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting and more strategic race racing experience.
- Access to Gran Turismo TV: a clearinghouse of great motoring TV (video) programming (both HD and SD – all broadcast quality) online through PlayStation Network.
- To extend the realistic driving experience, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is also compatible with the new Dualshock 3 controller, which has vibration functionality.
- Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tires, suspension and more.
- The player's drifting technique is measured based on drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located at various turns on the course.
- Players have the ability to adjust the vehicle's performance, including power, weight, tires and suspension.
- Two-player Split Screen Racing -- Allows players to race head-to-head against friends and foes offline.
- New racing events and time trials are available for players to race both offline and online. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue supports up to 16 players racing online simultaneously.
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature various innovative and revolutionary modes to harness the PS3's capabilities while further developing an automotive lifestyle and global community. Among them is Gran Turismo TV, a new dedicated online channel available exclusively from Playstation Network that delivers worldwide motorsport programming and manufacturer content. A new in-cockpit view features real-time gauges and human animations that accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle. More dynamic and adjustable Artificial Intelligence, a user homepage called My Page and a new physics engine round out some of the other features players can expect in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. To extend the realistic driving experience, Prologue is also compatible with the new Dualshock 3 wireless controller, which has vibration functionality.
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue launches on PS3/PSN April 17, 2008 for $39.99, and in Europe on March 25, 2008 for £24.99 (PSN on March 27)