Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will push the franchise to new heights by adding new gameplay features and even more stunning visuals. Players will encounter an intense solo campaign that uses new tactical possibilities in various locations around Sin City. As expected with one of the pioneer franchises for online multiplayer Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will also break new ground in both co-op and adversarial modes, while providing unprecedented interaction between the solo and multiplayer modes.
Beginning Friday, March 28, fans 18 years and older will be able to participate in a number of online events including a 72-hour Play & Win Sweepstakes where every hour winning operatives that register and play are awarded with special prize packages. Winners may receive such prizes as customized Rainbow Six Vegas 2 bowling shirts or Microsoft Points. A Grand Prize of an autographed Xbox 360® Elite signed by the Montreal Development Team and 12 months of Xbox Live Gold will be awarded to the top Rainbow Six player over the 72 hour period.
Register via Xbox LIVE Marketplace by downloading the free Rainbow Six Vegas 2 High Stakes Weekend Registration Gamer Picture ("Gamer Picture?) before the close of the Promotion Period. More information regarding terms, conditions and official rules will be available on Tuesday March 25 through the official event page.
Open registration will begin when the site goes live and will end at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on March 30, 2008.
Fans can also sign up to win the Rainbow Six Vegas 2 sweepstakes for a chance to win a variety of other megawatt prizes. Score a two night all-expenses paid trip to Las Vegas, a Seagate terabyte hard drive, an Xbox 360 Elite, or free copies of the game. To sign up, please visit www.r6v2sweepstakes.com.
Fans can also put their face in the game with the PEC Contest. Customize your character with the Xbox LIVE Vision Video camera to reflect your inner operative and win all sorts of cool prizes. Score an Xbox 360 Accessory Kit, Xbox LIVE subscriptions, free copies of the Limited Edition version of the game, and much more.
- The highly acclaimed multiplayer mode in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas has been upgraded to include 13 new maps with more intense face-offs, two new adversarial modes, more rewards, and easier access to matches using the improved and intuitive matchmaking system.
- Create your own identity that persists through both the single player and multiplayer modes and progresses along with you. Reap the benefits of your single player rewards in multiplayer and vice versa.
- Turn single player mode into co-op mode at any time, just by jumping into the game. Now you and a friend can jump into a single player game and assist without any change to the story. The single player maps and storyline were created with co-op in mind, meaning every map has multiple entry points and the story is unaffected.
- The AI is more challenging than ever. Now, the terrorists are equipped with thermal vision, night vision, and shields – not to mention a multitude of varying tactics – all of which are guaranteed to give you a new playing experience every time you go into battle. As you progress within the game, you’ll be able to outsmart your enemies by taking advantage of intelligence opportunities, such as thermal scanning.
- Take down the terrorists more effectively using 11 new weapons. New camouflage, clothing and gear allow for the ultimate customizations.
- Sin City is back and bigger than before. Explore all new Vegas hot spots and the gritty back streets creating a visual experience that is as challenging as it is breathtaking.
More articles about Rainbow Six Vegas 2