A group of stalkers has for the first time reached the very heart of the Zone – Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, and brings about a cataclysm on the brink of a catastrophe. An immense blowout of anomalous energy changes the Zone. There are no more reliable and relatively safe roads. The entire levels vanish in the outbursts of anomalies. Stalkers and even expeditions die or end up sealed on the lost territories. New areas, which remained unknown since the time of the Zone emergence, appear on the Zone map. The Zone continues to shake with blowouts. The Zone is unstable. The anomalous activity is at its maximum.
"The topic of the release date for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky has created a lot of interest among gamers, press and fans. We're pleased to announce an exact date for this highly anticipated game now," said Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, Managing Director of Koch Media.
"Our intention to deliver the game simultaneously worldwide is both a challenge and big responsibility to the many fans of the game around the globe. We are looking forward to achieve this ambitious goal in August." - said Sergiy Grygorovych, GSC World Publishing CEO.
Changes of the Zone map known to stalkers shake the fragile balance of forces in the Zone. Among the groupings, there flare up hostilities for the new territories, artifact fields and spheres of influence. There are no more old enemies or friends – now everyone is for himself. The Factions War has started between the groupings.
The protagonist is a mercenary who appeared at the edge of the opposition between stalker factions, Strelok and even the Zone itself. The main character will have to play the key role in the events, which led to creation of the Zone up to the point from which the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game begins.
What’s waiting for stalkers in the opened depths of the Zone? Which new challenges bear in the new territories? Why blowouts continue shaking the Zone? Why did the Zone change? How to remove its instability? Which faction will take the upper hand in the clan opposition? Why did Strelok end up in the death truck? What happened to Strelok prior to that? Was there any other choice to make? These and many other questions will get answered in the official prequel S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky.
- Atmosphere of the Exclusion Zone
- Research of new depths of the Zone – Red Forest, Limansk, Pripyat Undergrounds and more.
- A-Life-driven War of the Factions
- Possibility to play and lead any faction to victory
- Advanced A-Life system
- Varied behaviour of NPC stalkers in the A-Life world
- Advanced spectacular storyline scenes
- Improved AI of computer-controlled characters
- Skirting around dynamic obstacles by NPCs
- Use of grenades by NPCs
- Fast Travel
- Improved concept of detectors, artifacts and anomalies
- New system of upgrades for weapons and armor
- Weapons and armor repair
- Reworked HUD and PDA
- New version of the game engine - X-Ray 1.5.
- DirectX 10 renderer
- Improved DirectX 9 renderer - parallax bump, soft particles, depth of field, motion blur, eye adaptation effect.
- Cutting-edge and detailed game graphics (normal map)
- Inverse kinematics
- New animation engine
Experienced stalkers and newbies! Get ready for the new challenges in the exclusion zone in August 29, 2008.
More articles about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky