IMPORTANT: This update is only for the CD version of the above described game, Gamer's Gate users or users that purchased the game in another language should contact their specific distributor for details on the update.
-Fixed crash when entering Library and Messhall using older graphics card and certain driver versions.
-Fixed crash when entering Infected Corridors and having the "substance", caused by having done some things in a particular order.
-Fixed crash when picking objects and not having assigned a key to Rotate.
-Fixed ATI HD and X1000 series graphics glitches.
-Optimised to only make 3 updates / sec for particles not visible, sounds with block setting and mesh entities.
-Added alternate solutions to puzzle in level 2 & Level 4.
-Corrected portal setting in Level 01.
-No longer possible to be pushed outside of level when coming to level 03 from level 01.
-Added "collide character" to electric locker in Level 01.
-The alarm sound is not triggered if player has already locked himself in the room, level 19.
-Door04 is now locked in Level 7 during the intro sequence.
-Fixed minor glitch during an event in Level 7.
-The hand is not able to fall down the hole in Level 10.
-Renamed Deutch -> Deutsch
-Down arrow is now correctly named when configured in options for German translation.
Penumbra: Black Plague is a creepy and dark psychological horror experience featuring the adventures of Philip as he sets of in search of his dead father. Trapped in a shadowy, underground complex, intrepid explorer Philip is determined to discover the truth behind his father's disappearance.
A letter from a dead man.
A secret buried beneath frozen wasteland.
A dark, sinister family mystery.
Philip's life will never be the same again...
Trapped in a shadowy, underground complex, intrepid explorer Philip is determined to discover the truth behind his father's disappearance.
Surrounded by enemies and assaulted by terror from all sides, Philip must collect clues and solve vexing puzzles while combating the gnawing psychological terrors that assail his mind and threaten to strip him of his sanity. Can Philip master his fear and finally uncover the truth behind a mystery that has haunted him for a lifetime? Only you can decide...
- Cutting-edge game engine featuring modern 3D and physics technologies: Adapted motion blur effects and a new unified lighting system with real-time lightning create great depth with a realistic atmosphere of psychological horror
- Compelling and detailed story: Finding the answers to questions of the mystery of Philip's lost father throughout the game, with new explanations and a complete storyline wrap up
- Highly interactive environments: You can interact with any object not nailed to the ground! Focus on, pick up and move around objects through a simple drag and drop interface.
- Environmental sounds system: The sounds of the different environments are contributing to the atmosphere and give the player scaring hints of dangers.
- Puzzle solving challenges: Horror adventure game in puzzle-like style with bonuses and incentives to challenge the player throughout the game
Penumbra Black Plague will be shipping to stores on Feb. 12 in North America.
More articles about Penumbra: Black Plague