Many years have passed since the Gammulans invaded the sol system in full force and all but decimated the inhabitants of the planetary systems. cites were completely devastated and entire continents wiped out.
In their wake, they left a splintered Galactic Command (GALCOM) alliance still engaged in a fierce battle with insurgents who oppose the alliance.
Stretched to the limit Galactic Command scientists developed a new space craft that is lighter, faster and more powerful than any before it. Episode One begins with this new Engstrom class carrier's first day in a live combat engagement.
Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE features exciting and deeply engaging gameplay which takes space combat fans old and young back to the early days of the genre. As the wing leader of an elite squad of combat pilots, the player takes part in an engaging storyline in mankind's battle for survival and supremacy.
With ground breaking graphics, AI and gameplay (single and multiplayer) technologies, a large seamless space and planetary game world, advanced shader model 2.0 visuals and professional audio from awarding winning Somatone and Soundrama studios, Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE takes gamers to the edge and back.
Season One features four episodes which encompass an engaging storyline in 3000AD's established game world. Echo Squad SE is released with Episode 1. Other episodes, sold separately, will be released during the next few months leading to the conclusion of Season One in July 2008.
- Episode 1 Rise Of The Insurgents
- Episode 2 The Excalibur Gambit
- Episode 3 Lost Echo
- Episode 4 The War Within
So, trap on your gear, grab your helmet and head for the nearest airlock because you're going to war son!
The player’s Echo fighter squadron of fighters has been assigned to the WildStar battle fleet led by the GCV-Excalibur in operations against the Insurgent uprising. As an Elite Force Pilot and leader of the Echo fighter wing assigned to IIS starstation in orbit around Titan, the player’s fighter wing is tasked with leading a series of defensive and offensive missions against the Insurgents occupying Sol territories. The player commands a different fighter in each episode.
Missions take place in space and on the surface of planets and range from basic escort and recon missions, to highly engaging and dangerous tactical strike missions. This Second Edition version scheduled for wide public release, is based on improved versions of the original GameTap exclusive version. The graphics engine, all 3D assets have been upgraded to the latest versions used in the upcoming sequel Talon Elite title. This represents a drastic and dramatic improvement over the older version of the game.
- New DirectX 9 based high definition space terrain rendering engine with support for Shader Model 2.0 and various high end effects such as motion blur, tone mapping, High Dynamic Range lighting, per-pixel lighting, texture filtering (e.g. Anisotropic), anti-aliasing (FSAA), environment mapping, normal maps and various shader based special effects.
- Native support for 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen monitors with native 1280x720 (720p), 1920x1080 (1080i/p) and 1680x1050 resolution support.
- High definition planetary terrain rendering engine supporting very large surface areas. Technologies include reflections, volumetric clouds, dynamic 24hr time of day effects (including realistic star constellations in the night sky), dynamic weather patterns (snow, storms etc), many mission specific populated areas etc.
- Massive space and planetary game world containing an entire galaxy to explore with eight star systems, approximately fifty planets and moons with several containing populated areas. Also supports seamless transition from space to planet (and moons) and vice versa; with hardly noticeable loading times.
- Revised GUI interface. Completely mouse driven and with various keyboard hotkeys and support for gamepad controllers.
- In game PDF document viewer which makes the keyboard commands, game manual and tutorial documents available at all times.
- Native support for most analog game pads (e.g. Logitech Dual-Action)
as well as XBox 360 controller for Windows (with rumble support!).? Large asset database including over fifty space crafts, various planetary vehicles, crafts, buildings etc.
- Advanced AI engine with NPC orders system for player’s squad.
- Advanced flight dynamics engine, complete with new, fully functional 3D fighter cockpit displays.
- Advanced mission system with real-time adjusted variables based on AI which ensures that the same scenario always plays differently. Unprecedented replay value!
- Multiplayer client-server engine supporting up to thirty-two players with in-game server browser.
- Multiplayer game types include standard deathmatch and base wars. Players can choose one of two fighters to control in both space and on planets.
Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE will be available via digital distribution portals such as Direct2Drive and Gamers Gate later this week and in North American retail stores in April.