Orochi, the legendary monster, has returned to transform the world into a wasteland. In order to restore the earth's natural order and beauty, the wolf-embodied sun god Amaterasu must defeat each ominous being he encounters. Amaterasu travels through different regions of the world to regain "Celestial Brush" powers, all the while revitalizing all life.
Using an innovative control scheme, slash away at enemies, use various brush strokes to solve puzzles, create pathways, chop down trees or turn night into day. The real-time fighting system not only involves assorted brush techniques, but also myriad of specials attacks typically not associated with the physical prowess of a normal wolf.
Originally designed for the PS2 and released in 2006, featuring a visually stunning art style, Okami comes alive through beautiful scenic 3D levels that have the appearance and texture of paper scrolls brushed with watercolor-like calligraphy art. Throughout the vibrant and distinctive surroundings, interact with a dynamic cast of characters and build their faith to uncover clues and hints. The blend of stylized graphics and unique gameplay results in a rich and dynamic experience never seen before.
- New Widescreen (16:9) and 480p progressive scan support.
- Innovative gameplay and control scheme optimized for the Wii - Defeating monsters requires both motion-controlled physical attacks, but also use of the Wii Remote as Amaterasu's "Celestial Brush" to paint the desired powers for decimating enemies and solving puzzles.
- Create and destroy at will - Play as a god to re-establish order and beauty to a world laid barren by evil.
- Intense action-packed battles – Rooted in Japanese folklore, fight against a diverse line-up of demons and monsters.
- Utilize various gameplay styles – In addition to the Celestial Brush, Amaterasu can wield three types of offensive weaponry, each with their own unique abilities and effects. Depending on how a weapon is equipped, it can be used as the main or sub weapon:
- Reflectors – These well-balanced weapons are suited for close range combat
- Rosaries– Sacred magatama beads are great for quick long range attacks
- Glaives – These can be charged up to unleash powerful close range attacks
- Intriguing main character – Assume the role of the sun god, Amaterasu, who descends upon the earth in the form of a wolf. The Japanese translation of the word wolf is "Okami."
- Original visuals and revolutionary design– Vibrant and inspiring graphics, reminiscent of traditional Japanese art created on paper scrolls, produce a large variety of stages with a watercolor-esque appearance.
- Interact with a unique and dynamic cast of characters.
Okami is set for release April 15, 2008 for an SRP of $39.99.
More articles about Okami