This high-energy game features over three hundred levels, a variety of activities, a cast of over thirty wacky characters, and an easy-to-use in-game editor that allows players to express their creativity.
“I am a gamer myself, and I really wanted to create a video game that I could play with my kids,” said Steven Spielberg. “Boom Blox features an enormous amount of fun challenges and cool scenarios for your kids to solve or for you to master together.”
Fun for kids and the entire family, Boom Blox offers action-packed interactive activities that takes Wii play to a new level of creativity and fun with single player, co-op, and versus gameplay. Players can explore the visceral gameplay -- perfectly suited for the Wii’s interactivity -- that keeps them destroying their way through brain-twisting challenges. They can interact with entertaining characters such as the Blox-laying chickens or the baseball throwing monkeys, who bring personality to the Tiki, Medieval, Frontier, and Haunted themed environments. Additionally, players can remix any level of the game in Create Mode using props, blocks, or characters that have been unlocked during the game. Players can also virtually build anything they can dream up. Plus, their designs can then be shared with friends or used to challenge others to solve their newly created puzzle via WiiConnect24.
"We developed Boom Blox with endless combinations of gameplay in mind,” explains Louis Castle, Executive Producer. “With over three hundred levels, built upon a full real-time physics model, your experience can be as easy or difficult as you want it to be -- there really is something for everyone to enjoy.”
“My inspiration for this game came while I was playing the Wii for the first time,” added Spielberg. “From the initial concept to what the game is today, it’s always been built around the innovations the Wii brings to playing games. Boom Blox plays on the enjoyment of building and knocking down blocks, something that can appeal innately to kids and adults of all ages.”
- Throw, grab, and blast - Use fun action gestures with the Wii remote to cause strategic destruction in levels like Tiki-Tower-Topple and Medieval Mayhem.
- Over 300 Brain-Busting Challenges
- Fast-paced Multiplayer Action - Play with or against your friends in co-op, versus, or 4-player games.
- Make It Your Own – Unlock characters, worlds, blocks, and props throughout the game and use to build whatever you can imagine in Create Mode. Remix any level and share what you create with friends via WiiConnect24.
- Over 30 Wacky Blox Characters - Tackle the action and interact with a cast of entertaining characters including animals like a chicken that lays bomb blocks and a beaver that likes to make them explode.
Developed at EA Los Angeles, Boom Blox will be available in May 6, 2008 for the Wii.
More articles about Boom Blox