The team that brought Final Fantasy III to Nintendo DS comes together once again to breathe new life into a classic that broke convention and introduced a wide array of innovations to the RPG genre. With its groundbreaking Active Time Battle (ATB) system and an engrossing, character-driven plot, Final Fantasy IV was a stunning step forward for role-playing games when it was originally released for the SNES in 1991.
Now featuring full 3D graphics, fully-voiced dramatic cutscenes, and added content, Final Fantasy IV for DS is a must-play for those looking to jump into the best-selling RPG franchise in the world.
Four elemental Crystals, each possessing awesome power, lie scattered throughout the realm. However, men are quick to covet things that offer strength, and are easily corrupted by the might that they possess...
Seduced by the promised power of the Crystals, the kingdom of Baron begins employing unprovoked force to seize them from peaceful nations. The dark knight Cecil -- Lord Captain of Baron's elite force, the Red Wings -- is ordered by his king to obtain the Crystals, but soon begins to question the monarch's motives. Stricken with grief at his own actions, yet burdened by his loyalty to his country and his personal sense of honor, Cecil at last decides to turn from the path of darkness and destruction.
Enraged, the king accuses him of disloyalty, strips Cecil of his command, and sends him off to slay a mysterious beast that lurks in the nearby Valley of Mist. Cecil embarks on a fateful journey that will bring trials, betrayals, friendship, loss and self-discovery. Can Cecil open his eyes and become the man of honor that he must be?
- Witness the dramatic and thrilling story of this mythical game world brought to life through astounding 3D graphics, gorgeous CG cutscenes and top-notch voice acting
- Create a versatile party using the all-new Augment System -- a dynamic system that allows the player to assign special abilities to characters
- Dive into the first RPG to incorporate the innovative Active Time Battle system, now further enhanced and refined for the Nintendo DS
- Listen to a beautifully remixed score by world-renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu that breathes new life into some of the most beloved Final Fantasy themes
- Navigate effortlessly through the game with Nintendo DS Touch Screen functionality and stylus-driven controls while receiving vital assistance via the dual-screen presentation
- Train and customize Whytkin by playing a variety of mini-games and challenge another player to head-to-head battle via local wireless connection
Final Fantasy IV, rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and oldee, will be available at North American retailers on July 22, 2008 for the suggested retail price of $39.99(USD).
More articles about Final Fantasy IV