The new downloadable update brings a host of new features that will further enhance the gameplay experience:
- Pickup Match Mode - For those who want to skip the waiting room, players can now continuously face off in one-on-one matches
- DUALSHOCK3 rumble support â€“ Feel the impact of each blow and attack
- Room name display â€“ Allows users to input and display names for online rooms
- â€œFlagâ€ search - A network filter that enables users to better select opponents with optimal connection speeds
- New notifications â€“ Letâ€™s waiting players know when itâ€™s their turn to fight or inform them when others have entered or left the room
- More casual matches â€“ When Rank Match is set to Off, match results no longer affect Win/Loss record.
- Multiple bug issues have also been resolved
Released in March 2007, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is a must-have for Tekken aficionados as it boasts new features including the opportunity to fight as Jinpachi Mishima, the previously unplayable boss from the arcade version. Optimized in 1080p, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection features classic gameplay with various modes that will test gamers skills in a host of showdowns and allows them to view character art and movies.
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online was released in August 2007 as an online update which allows players to battle each other online in custom matches, with the results being tracked on the leader boards, a first for the franchise.
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is now available for download on the PlayStation Network for $19.99. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online is also available for the low price of $9.99. Both games can be purchased as a bundle for $29.99.