The debut of the Tales series on the Xbox 360, Tales of Vesperia launches the series to new heights of interactive narrative and engrossing gameplay with incredible anime-style graphics, a captivating storyline and characters as well as an upgraded battle system. Set in a world reliant on a mysterious ancient technology known as “blastia,” the game follows former knight Yuri as he delves into a shadowy plot to use these magical devices to control civilization, or destroy it.
For the first time in the role-playing series’ 10 year history, the same artist will be providing a theme song performed in both in English and Japanese. The song, “Ring A Bell,” is now available as a single worldwide on the iTunes Store
The bilingual Bonnie Pink has been a mainstay on the Japanese pop charts since her debut in 1995. In 2006, she released “Every Single Day – Complete Bonnie Pink 1995-2006,” one of the year’s most successful albums which debuted at #2 on the Japanese sales charts and has sold more than 700,000 units to date. Her latest album, “Thinking Out Loud,” debuted at #4 and has since been certified Gold. One of the most recognizable entertainers in Japan, Bonnie Pink is also an accomplished actress.
A bold new interpretation of the elements that made the Tales series a hit with gamers around the world, Tales of Vesperia delivers a standard-setting RPG experience on the Xbox 360. Using an all-new graphics engine and character designs by the renowned Kosuke Fujishima (Ah! My Goddess, Sakura Taisen), the game delivers high-quality HD character models and environments that are indistinguishable from traditional cel-based anime. The game also makes significant additions to the series’ trademark real-time combat system, allowing players to do battle in massive battlefields and learn new special attacks that are tied to individual weapons. New finishing blows allow players to take down enemies in a single hit with correctly timed button combinations, while mission-based battles increase the variety of each encounter as players gain unique items by fulfilling various battle objectives. Players can also use materials collected by successfully executing finishing moves to craft rare and unique equipment for their characters.
- A classic series returns – The newest installment of the Tales RPG series keeping the established gameplay formula that fans love
- Next Gen sights and sounds – First Tales RPG game with high-definition graphics, broadcast quality animation, and Dolby surround sound
- Evolved real-time battle system – New refinements and additions to the trademark Tales real-time battle engine making for the most action-packed, dynamic RPG fighting ever
- Fan favorite character designs – Characters designed by famous manga artist, Kosuke Fujishima, responsible for popular series’ Ah! My Goddess, Sakura Taisen and You’re Under Arrest
- Immersive look and feel – Detailed environments, animation and an artistic style so good, it’s like playing a cartoon
- Dramatic story – Gripping tale of a young hero on a quest for justice, trust and friendship filled with unexpected twists and turns at every step
Tales of Vesperia will be available in stores later this year.
More articles about Tales of Vesperia