The unique SSC Challenge mode has two teams of two competing in an intense obstacle course for the chance to join the SSC, the Private Military Corporation in Army of Two. The new maps will be available on April 24 in North America and Europe on Xbox Live Marketplace. The download pack will also come to the PlayStation Store on April 24 in North America and May 2008 in Europe.
“We want to support our fans with new content that delivers on the two-man gameplay but with a unique twist,” says Alain Tascan, VP and General Manager of EA Montreal and Executive Producer of Army of Two. “The SSC Challenge gives players a chance to test their skills in a different setting while retaining the action packed co-op intensity that gamers have come to expect in Army of Two.”
Intertwined with over-the-top combat, feverish action and challenging obstacle courses, players will work as a team to race to the finish in the four new co-op maps. The team that completes the course with the most cash will be crowned the ultimate two-man military outfit.
The SSC Challenge mode and maps will be available for $7.50 in North America and €4.75 and £3.80 in Europe.
Today, the United States is awarding an unprecedented number of contracts to Private Military Corporations (PMC) in an effort to maintain its presence worldwide. Since the Vietnam War, this number has increase ten fold and is only rising. As the clear cut flow of the chain of command blurs and the military responsibilities of a nation slipping out of its own control, it is getting hard to tell who really holds the power.
As ex-Army Rangers now turned contractors for a PMC, Army of Two challenges you to fight along side your team-mate on missions developing and using the combined skills necessary to become the deadliest TWO man military outfit. Whether with a live player or Army of Two’s unique partner AI, Army of Two delivers a revolutionary new way to play an action shooter.
From TWO man sniping to parachuting, players will experience action-packed scenarios where they will have to use their wit, strength and an arsenal of shared customizable weapons to successfully defeat their enemies and complete the mission at hand.
On or offline, players can seamlessly transition from AI to a live partner as they fight their way through war, turmoil and a conspiracy so vast it threatens the entire world. When one man is not enough, it’s going to take an army of two to save us.
- Co-op is no longer a mode, it’s the game. Players must undertake TWO man mission using TWO man strategies and tactics to ultimately create a TWO man advantage that no enemy can withstand.
- Army of Two delivers intelligent partner AI (PAI) that will interact, adapt, collaborate and learn from their human partner. The PAI will also react and adjust to the gamer’s ability and how they play the game by taking the lead or following, driving strategy or taking orders. It is the dream of the human machine.
- Customize and upgrade dozens of deadly weapons and share them with your partner off or online.
- EA’s Montreal game studio is working to deliver realistic character and environmental effects including fluid dynamics that showcase an open-ocean water-wave simulation as well as physics based animations.
- Army of Two will captivate gamers with a politically charged storyline, centering on the impact and ethical issues of Private Military Corporations.
- Army of Two redefines TWO MAN online gameplay with players seamlessly moving from PAI to live players as they make their way through the game.
Army of Two is currently available worldwide on Xbox 360 and PS3.
More articles about Army of Two