US army combat psychiatrist David Mc Namara has been hit hard since retiring from active duty: struggling with mysterious choleric attacks and a marriage in crisis, he is now called to New York for his expertise in forensic psychiatry. At the Staten Island Forensic Hospital he is to attend to five young men and women, who were found screaming, scared, with no memory or orientation across New York City. Dave begins to cautiously explore the memories of his young patients – and makes alarming discoveries.
The game’s exceptional approach: players not only take over the role of Dave McNamara, who investigates in the present, but also will take control of the five patients in flashbacks. The memories that McNamara brings to light, are explored by the player in backward chronological order – the further players progress in the game, the further back in time he advances.
Using innovative narrative structures, Overclocked charts the diffuse areas where memories and illusions, dreams and reality, perpetrators and victims meet and deals with an issue that is as topical as it is ancient: violence.
Technically, Overclocked takes the engine from The Moment of Silence to the next level with an innovative character animation system, improved facial expressions, more real-time camera movement, cinematic dialogues and lots of interaction – the results are strong visuals and an involving story. Overclocked is a political psycho-thriller with survival-horror flair that offers thrills, as well as plenty food for thought.
- Experience Overclocked from various perspectives as you play as six different characters throughout the game
- Explore 45 diverse locations with densely animated pre-rendered settings
- Innovative storytelling techniques create a unique gameplay experience
- Meet and interact with a cast of intriguing characters, each with their own distinct personalities
- Characters come to life with fluid movements and realistic facial expressions created with Emotion™ FX 2 technology
- Cinematic cut-scenes designed using advanced camera techniques pioneered by feature films
- Exceptional visuals enhanced by shadow and shader effects, real-time atmospheric particle effects (rain, snow, lightening), and dynamic lighting
- Unique icon-based dialogue system
Overclocked is scheduled to release on May 2, 2008 in the UK and Scandinavia territories and Canada and the U.S. on March 31, 2008.
More articles about Overclocked: A History of Violence