Famed game producer Hironobu Sakaguchi of Mistwalker game studio, along with feelplus Inc. and Microsoft Game Studios, leads a staff of gaming masters to bring a truly next-generation role-playing experience to Xbox 360 in “Lost Odyssey.”
Lost Odyssey, featuring breathtaking visuals and an epic adventure , is the story of Kaim, an immortal character who has lived more than 1,000 years and doesn’t remember his past and doesn’t know where his future lies. Throughout Kaim’s journey, a handful of characters will join him on an odyssey to discover their intricate past and destiny, leading players through a dramatic story of massive scale.
A new item, "The Shattered Bond," is featured in the content. When all of the playable characters have joined the player party, visit the demolished bridge in front of the Castle of Uhra with the Shattered Bond item in your possession. A cutscene will occur allowing you to view a new dream.
Another new item includes the "Killer Machine" ring forged to specialize in fighting against magic-powered weapons. And make sure to check out the "Memory Lamp" which is a special item located in the Upgraded Nautilus towards the bottom of the screen at the end of the corridor, which allows players to view the various dreams.
All of these cool new items will be available on April 25 for 200 MS points through Xbox Live Marketplace.
- Innovative RPG gameplay features. “Lost Odyssey” blends massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) elements into the game’s traditional RPG system, enabling players to make strategic decisions for a more immersive and deep gameplay experience.
- Engaging and unparalleled emotional story. With story sequences penned by award-winning Japanese novelist Kiyoshi Shigematsu in cooperation with producer Hironobu Sakaguchi, “Lost Odyssey” sets a new benchmark for the RPG genre with a combination of true-to-life cinematics and the story of an immortal man who has been suffering in many ways for 1,000 years. Players will witness Kaim’s life as he lives through many generations, becomes part of numerous families, falls in and out of love, and confronts all of the conflicts that arise. Kaim’s struggles are set in a world that is on the verge of a “mystical industrial revolution,” where mankind has attained dark powers.
- Massive scope and engrossing environments. The massively scoped worlds, memorable characters and epic story line of “Lost Odyssey” play out like an intense and unsettling blockbuster action film.
- Heading up the artistic demands of the title is famed Japanese comic artist Takehiko Inoue; renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu has been recruited to create a contemporary soundtrack.
- Realistic graphics in next-generation gaming. Powered by Unreal Engine 3 technology, “Lost Odyssey” boasts stunning visual fidelity and rendering quality. The Unreal Engine 3 technology pushes high-definition visual designs to a higher level and brings out the smallest details in the largest battles. Gamers will experience a rich dynamic world with an unprecedented level of detail. Users can experience the true-to-life gameplay and facial expressions of emotionally distressed characters in the world of “Lost Odyssey.”
More articles about Lost Odyssey