Welcome to Port Abello – a bustling fishing port, tourist destination, but more importantly an incredibly important location on the culinary map.
As the new chef in town you have a lot to prove. After getting your hands dirty in the local Burger Face fast food restaurant you decide to buy a place of your own, a local diner which is up for sale. But being a proud owner / operator of your own restaurants isn’t your only goal: rumor has it that the Fortified Chef Competition is about to visit Port Abello, something which could launch you firmly into the center of the worldwide culinary stage.
On your journey you’ll become master of not only classic Diner fare, but Italian and Mexican food, ultimately owning your own World Class eating establishment. But always be vigilant! Enemies come in many shapes and sizes, from rodents scurrying around your kitchens, to the local food critic and health inspector.
But fear not, you’ll be guided along your journey by many assistant chefs and friends, including the elusive Mr. Miyoda, who sells spices at the Port Abello Farmers Market. Some say he was once the most famous chef in the region, forced underground after a tragic 8 storey cake / hydrogen incident. Others say he has underground ties to all parts of the culinary world, including the Fortified Chef Competition… in time all will be revealed.
“The emerging cooking genre has significant potential beyond the simple, linear gameplay offered by other games on the market,” said Lee Cummings, Creative Director. “Order Up! Gives players the ability to not only prepare and cook a meal, but to do so while juggling other orders, handing off tasks to assistant chefs, working inside restaurants you can improve, and serving the food to customers with distinct personalities and tastes in food. The frantic pace, the use of the unique Wii Remote, and much, much more, makes Order Up! the ultimate cooking sim.”
- Order Up! is a delicious blend of precision restaurant cooking and culinary empire building, all rolled into a light and flaky crust of memorable characters and humorous situations.
- With the Wiimote in hand, the player will be guided from burger to chateaubriand; taught every aspect of running a restaurant kitchen. For anyone who has dreamed of becoming a world-class chef or restaurant mogul (or both!), Order Up! will deliver.
- The core gameplay of Order Up! is cooking. Players must craft dishes in a hectic restaurant kitchen, managing their cooktop stations (grill/griddle, range, cutting board and the pass) while also managing assistant chefs in the kitchen and their tasks. Fast, intuitive and highly addictive, the gameplay in Order Up! is fresh, creative and wholly original.
- Beyond the core, gameplay includes rising through the ranks of the culinary world from fast-food to world-class restaurants as chef and owner while ever-expanding your cookbook of recipes and ever-improving the quality of your equipment.
- Along the way you will face demanding patrons, discriminating food critics…and at the pinnacle of your fame in the world of fine cuisine you will manage multiple restaurants and create new, signature dishes all your own. Can you be the world’s greatest chef?
- Designed specifically for the Nintendo Wii, Order Up! will take advantage of the Wiimote’s motion sensing technology to simulate real cooking, with real kitchen tools like knives, wooden spoons, tongs, ladles, and more.
Developed by SuperVillain Studios, Order Up! is expected to release July 22, 2008 for a suggested retail price of $39.99.
More articles about Order Up!