If you can think it, you can play it on LOL. Playable by between two and four players with just one game card between all of everyone, LOL, known in Europe as Bakushow, is a cross between your favourite quiz show and charades. The host proposes a question or task to all the players who then send their answers back to the host within a certain time limit. All the answers are then revealed to all players who in turn vote on each other’s work!
Questions can be in the form of intelligence or memory style: What does M.B.E. stand for? What does a Scottish terrier look like?
You can also compete using your imagination. Ask everyone to draw a unicorn for example.
Using LOL’s copy tool, you can ask players a range of varied questions based on images drawn or information written by the host. For example – finish a part completed illustration or word, Sudoku style challenges, multiple choice answers and rank order answers. The whole point of LOL is to be as imaginative, clever and amusing with your friends as possible. With infinite possibilities and guaranteed laughs, Bakushow is never the same game twice!
“We love LOL, and think it’s a completely unique game, however we think it’ll be tough to sell into the retailers. So we decided to release it exclusively online. Hopefully it catches some attention like Electroplankton did.” said Hiro Fukuoka, producer at Agetec. “LOL will be available through Agetec.com on the day of its release, and we’re currently looking for an online retailer to do exclusive pre-orders with.”
- With just one game card, between two and four people can play at a time. Each will need their own Nintendo DS!
- Bakushow does not use the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Your friends need to be within wireless range to play with you
- Save your favourite answers for eternity
- Great for play whilst travelling, on holiday or any place where friends get together
- No single player mode is included so Billy No Mates need not apply!
LOL will be available for purchase in North America on May 30 for $19.99, while Europe will get it on July 4th 2008.