- Weapon Switch: Swapping to & from Pistols are now faster in Multiplayer.
- Sound Loops: Optimized sound bank to improve weapon firing and helicopter sound clips that loop over and over.
- Pings: Servers now update their pings more often so that players have a more accurate value of server performance.
- Team Leader Respawn Modification: Spawn Shield is shorter when respawning with the Leader.
- XP Modifiers: When there are more people on a team than the other, there is an overall XP modifier applied to all XP gained during the game.
- Outfitting: By pressing the start button, players now have access to the outfitting menu in observer mode.
- Team Deathmatch Respawn Modification: Respawning in Team Deathmatch now work like regular Deathmatch (random points throughout the map) which intensifies gameplay and minimizes spawn camping/trapping.
- Faster Respawns: Faster respawns for Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. You no longer have to wait a full 10 seconds!
- Custom Search: Players who enter a room using custom search then exit will be brought back to an automatic search with the same criteria.
- Rank Reset Glitch: Fixed. Players will be able to use their Xbox guide during the game loading without risk of losing their rank.
- Private First Class - Achievement: If you are ranked Private First Class or above, you will automatically get the achievement after the title update is complete and you load your gamer profile.
- Freedom Shall Prevail - Achievement: If you’ve passed all checkpoints on Story Mode on Realistic and finished the game, you will automatically get the achievement after the title update is complete and you load your gamer profile.
- That Wasn’t So Hard - Ribbon: Your ribbon now unlocks when you get the achievement.
- Light Machinegun Sound Glitch: When firing continuously with any light machinegun, the sound of the weapon will no longer get cut off.
- Civilians & Hostages on Tactical Map: No longer are displayed as terrorists.
- Shield Teleport Glitch: Players can no longer teleport when trying to take cover with a shield
- Out of Map Glitch: Players can no longer cover-peek into each other to raise a team mate above their heads that allows them to walk into areas outside the designated map.
- Friend Invite in Ranked Matches: Inviting friends in Ranked Matches now work correctly.
- Custom Face: Previously, Custom faces were sometimes copied over to another player’s face. This is no longer the case. Custom faces will display the proper faces.
- Radar Jammer: Radar Jammer now work for clients, not just hosts.
- XP Farming: That one famous area in ACT 1 “Ambush” will no longer allow XP Farming.
- Observer Mode: Players will no longer be stuck in the respawn screen at 0 seconds while in observer mode.
- Weapon Restriction: The weapon restriction configuration is no longer kept in Terrorist Hunt, Story and Co-op Story.
- Custom Camo 3 Save: The colour and pattern of Custom Camo 3 now saves correctly.
Developed at Ubisoft Montreal by the same team that created the award-winning Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas, the highly anticipated sequel is scheduled for a March 2008 release. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the sixth iteration in the wildly successful Rainbow Six franchise which celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2008 with more than 16 million units sold worldwide to date.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will push the franchise to new heights by adding new gameplay features and even more stunning visuals. Players will encounter an intense solo campaign that uses new tactical possibilities in various locations around Sin City. As expected with one of the pioneer franchises for online multiplayer Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will also break new ground in both co-op and adversarial modes, while providing unprecedented interaction between the solo and multiplayer modes.
- The highly acclaimed multiplayer mode in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas has been upgraded to include 13 new maps with more intense face-offs, two new adversarial modes, more rewards, and easier access to matches using the improved and intuitive matchmaking system.
- Create your own identity that persists through both the single player and multiplayer modes and progresses along with you. Reap the benefits of your single player rewards in multiplayer and vice versa.
- Turn single player mode into co-op mode at any time, just by jumping into the game. Now you and a friend can jump into a single player game and assist without any change to the story. The single player maps and storyline were created with co-op in mind, meaning every map has multiple entry points and the story is unaffected.
- The AI is more challenging than ever. Now, the terrorists are equipped with thermal vision, night vision, and shields – not to mention a multitude of varying tactics – all of which are guaranteed to give you a new playing experience every time you go into battle. As you progress within the game, you’ll be able to outsmart your enemies by taking advantage of intelligence opportunities, such as thermal scanning.
- Take down the terrorists more effectively using 11 new weapons. New camouflage, clothing and gear allow for the ultimate customizations.
- Sin City is back and bigger than before. Explore all new Vegas hot spots and the gritty back streets creating a visual experience that is as challenging as it is breathtaking.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is currently available in stores for Xbox 360 PS3, and PC.
More articles about Rainbow Six Vegas 2