Reprising their roles as the characters of Spyro and his mentor Ignitus, are two popular Hollywood leading men, Elijah Wood (Frodo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings trilogy) and Gary Oldman (Sirius Black from the Harry Potter films). Joining the Spyro roster this year are Christina Ricci, Blair Underwood, Mark Hamill and Wayne Brady, rounding out an all-star voice cast.
In the final chapter of the trilogy, players find Sypro teaming up with an unlikely ally - Cynder, his former enemy, to face his most challenging mission to date. As the Dark Master’s (voiced by Mark Hamill) evil envelopes the world like a plague, Spyro must fulfill his destiny and unlock the true power of the purple dragon within him to stop the Dark Master in his tracks.
The game introduces two never before seen elements into the Spyro universe: Spyro can now fly at any time and players can drop-in/drop-out with the new cooperative feature. The co-op feature allows players to have the option of completing the game as either Spyro or Cynder, giving them more freedom to explore Spyro’s world in completely new ways.
“Spyro has grown up a lot since his debut, and players are going to notice advanced gameplay, character design and story lines in Dawn of the Dragon,” said Al Simone, senior vice president, Global Marketing for Sierra Entertainment. “The game takes some exciting twists and turns – fans of the series and newcomers alike will experience non-stop fun, a renewed sense of intensity and the type of challenging adventure only Spyro can overcome.”
In the culmination of the trilogy, players find Sypro teaming up with an unlikely ally - Cynder, his former enemy, to face his most challenging mission to date. As the Dark Master’s (voiced by Mark Hamill) evil envelopes the world like a plague, Spyro must fulfill his destiny and unlock the true power of the purple dragon within him to stop the Dark Master in his tracks.
- Two elements never before seen in the Spyro universe: fly at any time and drop-in/drop-out co-op, with Cynder. Both characters can complete the game separately as well.
- Cynder being introduced as a strong, female lead alongside Spyro, girl gamers will have something to get excited about!
- Fun combat gameplay with new elemental attack moves/combos, enemies, environments, etc.
- This is the third and final installment of an epic trilogy, giving players a more mature character design and story line since the previous title; The Eternal Night.
- Spyro makes his debut on the PS3! This new venture for the purple dragon onto the next gen console will attract new players who may have not been able to experience the Spyro series previously.
- All-star voice cast including Elijah Wood, Gary Oldman, Blair Underwood, Christina Ricci, Wayne Brady and Mark Hamill
Developed by Etranges Libellules, The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon will ship Oct. 2008 for the X360, PS3, Wii, PS2 and NDS.
More articles about The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon