Set to launch simultaneously with the home console and PC versions, the Nintendo DS edition has been specifically designed for the handheld and is set to offer the most complete pick-up-and-play pocket racing package, complete with stunning visuals.
Race Driver: GRID will deliver intense, incident-packed wheel-to-wheel racing against aggressive AI opponents to create a breathtaking race experience, all the way from the grid to the flag. Accessible handling will enable gamers to jump straight into the action, while a huge career mode includes championship and race events. Quick fire Challenges offer a fast fix of racing for gamers on-the-go and include Time Trials, Speed Tests and Chase events.
Bringing a new world of motor sport to life, players will race at beautifully realised and diverse locations across three continents. In Europe, race prestige marques on the world's most famous circuits including Spa and the Nurburgring. In America, compete in powerful muscle cars through the streets of San Francisco to Washington DC. Taking the race to Japan, experience the unique exhilaration of drift racing on the neon lit streets of Shibuya and then compete in Touge events, downhill races that operate on the fringe of legality.
- Codemasters Studios’ history of creating stellar racing titles, combined with AI and the ability of the EGO™ engine allow them to deliver GRID - a pure and cinematic race experience
- New and classic, track and street – conquer the greatest racetracks and then go beyond with road races and urban street competitions
- Exotics, imports and beefy muscle cars are all available to race in hugely varied events with grids of up to twenty cars aggressively competing for the lead
- Europe, US and Japan are all beautifully designed, each with their own individual takes on racing:
- U.S.A – In thunderous V8 muscle cars, race diverse courses on city streets in flat out, door banging racing action
- Japan – Reject traditional Western racing and drift over to Japan for action the fringes of legality in industrial areas and back streets from dusk ‘till dawn
- Europe – Race the famous tracks dominated by Le Mans in some of the most technologically advanced cars ever created such as the Ferrari F430 GT, Lamborghini Murcielago GTR, Aston Martin DBR9, Koenigsegg CCXR and Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
- A GRID race tests a driver’s skills at every turn -- crammed with high-impact moments such as, engine fires, tire blow outs, bump and runs, wild crashes involving flipping, spinning, and collisions with other cars and trackside objects
- Physics models will ensure that collisions and crashes yield the kind of spectacle that a Hollywood movie director would ask for. Slow motion will be used extensively to give replays the blockbuster treatment
- Race your cars online in high-adrenaline multiplayer, multiple car events
Exclusively for the NDS edition, Race Driver: GRID will feature the evolution of the critically acclaimed track editor, first seen in Race Driver: Create and Race. With over 60 individual pieces, the creation system offers near-limitless design options, including the ability to personalise trackside hoardings and billboards. Players will be able to craft complete championship circuits in detail or, using the simple Free-Draw tool, create and race within minutes.
Extensive online and multiplayer options let players compete in adrenaline pumping four-player races, climb to the top of global online leader boards for every race event, or share up to four individually created tracks with up to four players in the ultimate custom race series. Gamers can also upload and download new tracks to Race Driver: GRID servers.
With a stunning selection of real-world settings, outstanding racing cars, a powerful track editor and incredible graphics, Race Driver: GRID is the most exciting, fun and feature packed racer you can fit in your pocket. Developed by Firebrand Games, the team responsible for the award-winning Race Driver: Create and Race, the NDS edition of Race Driver: GRID is coming summer 2008.
More articles about GRID