Jack Keane is an action-packed Point ‘n’ Click Adventure with loads of allusions to well-known computer games and classic movies. Set in the early colonial period, the story leads likeable adventurer Jack Keane to a wide variety of places such as London, Capetown or the jungles of India. In London he accepts a risky assignment for the Queen: it’s up to Jack to travel to a remote island and stop a mad scientist out to rule the world with his army of trained apes.
Colonial England. Under a certain amount of… duress… Jack takes on a job which will not only cause him a great deal of trouble, but also bring to light the answer to a mystery out of his distant past. A lack of money leads Jack to accept a charter to take a British secret agent to mysterious “Tooth Island”. When Jack’s ship shatters on the mysterious island’s cliffs on arrival and the secret agent quickly becomes a meal for a monster in the jungle, Jack is soon left to cope with the situation on his own.
“Tooth Island” is ruled by the strange Doctor T, who is cultivating man-eating plants and has his own dastardly plans for the British Empire. And why does he seem to know Jack, who can’t remember ever having been on Tooth Island? What are Doctor T's plans? And what does he know about Jack’s past?
And then there’s the young and naive Amanda, who is filled by an almost fanatical drive to prove her worth. In the beginning the young lady is employed by Doctor T, and part of her task is to track Jack down and take him prisoner. It doesn’t take long before she begins to wonder if she is really on the right side, or if she shouldn’t join her opponent, the charming Captain Jack, instead.
A hair-raising hunt across the length and breadth of the dangerous island finally airs the mystery surrounding Jack’s past and leads to a spectacular showdown with a dark and deadly enemy and his nefarious henchmen.
"With humor reminiscent of the LucasArts adventure titles, and remarkable 3D visuals presented in classic adventure style, 'Jack Keane' is truly entertaining," said Brock Beaubien, producer, Strategy First. "Join the adventure, solve challenging puzzles and laugh at the mischief that ensues."
- The Funniest adventure game in the footsteps of Monkey Island
- Enthralling story including many allusions to famous movies, videos and computer games
- More than 40 funny characters
- An abundance of cinematic movies and cut-scenes
- Countless locations stuffed with interactions
- Suited for both beginners and, due to increasing difficulty levels, advance players
- Two playable characters: The very ironic, slightly clumsy daredevil Jack Keane, plus the attractive and adventuresome lady, Amanda
- 3-D levels presented in a classic adventure atmosphere
- Plenty of diverse locations such as London, the high seas, Cape Town and the Indian jungle
Jack Keane, "T" for Teen, will ship to North American retail stores on April 15, 2008.
More articles about Jack Keane