Set in a distant part of the universe called the Twelve Colonies, players sign up to either defend the Galactica, or play as the ruthless Cylons as they seek to remove the human race from existence. Battlestar Galactica allows players to take part in enormous multiplayer space battles – up to 16 players on PC or 8 on Xbox Live Arcade. Gamers can also play through the intense single-player campaign based on memorable episodes and storylines from the TV series including the riveting first episode of the continuing series, “33,” which finds the fleet in need of protection as it prepares to jump every thirty-three minutes; “Scar,” the season 2 standout that pit the Galactica pilots against a particularly vindictive Cylon Raider; the pivotal “Resurrection Ship,” in which a major asset of the Cylons is discovered and attacked; and the 2007 Emmy Award-winning episode, “Exodus.”
Saturday, April 5th in conjunction with the start of the new Battlestar Galactica television season on Friday April 4th; Sierra Online's Battlestar GalacticaTM game for Xbox LIVE Arcade will be half-price at 400 Microsoft points for an exclusive 24 hour period.
- Single-Player Campaign – Pilot various ships and complete memorable missions from the TV series.
- Multiplayer Game Mode – Play online with 8 players in this relentless space-based action shooter in Firefight, Skirmish and Domination modes.
- Legendary Spaceships – Fly 4 Human and 4 Cylon ships from the Viper II to the Cylon Raider, each with unique weapon capabilities.
- Special Weapons – Coordinate attacks with a gallery of destructive weapons including the missiles, guns and more.
- Realistic Effects – Full 3D graphics to show off the detailed ships and cosmic environment.
- Defensive Maneuvers – Avoid annihilation with the barrel roll, quick turnabouts and other aerial moves.
More articles about Battlestar Galactica