Marco Husges, Executive Vice President of Conspiracy Entertainment, said, "Garfield found his way onto the Sunday comic strips 30 years ago, and his likeability has risen into a classic cartoon for all ages. Children, parents, and nostalgia fans alike will soon enjoy the crazy cat at his finest in Garfield: Lasagna World Tour."
Keith Tanaka, CFO of Conspiracy Entertainment, said, "Garfield is a tremendously popular character, and we expect the game will find interest with his fans. The Garfield: Lasagna World Tour video game is being developed alongside seasoned children's video game developer Blast! and we are thrilled to benefit from Blast's expertise."
Garfield is back, and he's bigger, funnier and wackier than ever. The PAWS TV channel is organizing a treasure hunt, "The Lasagna World Tour," and guess who's ready to compete? Garfield and his hungry stomach are up to the challenge, especially for the chance to win his weight in lasagna for life!
Key features include:
- Accompany Garfield through 10 vast levels of Lasagna munching action!
- Explore Mexico, Italy and Egypt to find those elusive clues
- Play, ride and give orders to Odie with hilarious results!
- Dress Garfield up as a soccer player, cowboy, a fakir or a chef and obtain hilarious super powers
- Switch to multiplayer mode to make the mini games into games for the family to play together
Garfield: Lasagna World Tour is expected to launch in the second quarter of 2008.