Tycho and Gabe have partnered in true collaborative style with independent developer Hothead Games and are bringing the comic to life in the form of the first-ever Penny Arcade video game, a PC/Mac/Linux computer game called Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One. Consulting on the game’s design is Ron Gilbert, creator of such adventure game classics as The Secret of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion. The gameplay is a blend of classic adventure and role-playing (RPG) combat elements set in the 1920’s. Penny Arcade Adventures is initially expected to be released in a downloadable, episodic format with the first episode available later this year.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows and Linux
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista with latest updates or Linux 32-bit x86
- Pentium III, AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz or better
Windows and Linux
- Pentium IV, AMD Athlon 1.5 GHz or better
- Mac OS X 10.4/10.5 with latest updates
- PowerPC G4, G5 or Intel based Mac 1.0 GHz or better
- PowerPC G4, G5 or Intel based Mac 1.5 GHz or better
- ATI Radeon 9500 or better, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 or better, Intel GMA 950 or better with 64 MB of video memory (shared or dedicated)*
- 512 MB of available system memory
- OS-supported keyboard and mouse
- OS-supported sound card
- 350 MB of available hard drive space (185 MB installed)
- Available Internet connection for download and one-time authentication
- ATI Radeon X800 or better, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better video card with 128 MB of video memory*
- 768 MB of available system memory
- 16-bit stereo- or surround-capable sound card with latest drivers
Key game features:
- Hilarious, over-the-top dialogue written by Jerry Holkins in a style that will be familiar to Penny Arcade fans.
- Progressively unravel the game’s mysteries through classic adventure game play.
- Battle an array of zany enemies with the RPG combat system.
- An interactive Penny Arcade comic: customize the look and dress of your character and explore the unusual world of New Arcadia.
- Gabe, Tycho, Annarchy, The Fruit F*cker 2000 and many favorite Penny Arcade characters, plus new characters designed by Mike Krahulik.
- Set in a steampunk meets pulp horror meets H.P. Lovecraft alternate Penny Arcade universe.
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One, rated M for Nature, will be available on PC for $19.95, and also via Xbox Live Arcade (1600 Points) later this year.