Released in 1991, the original Fatal Fury introduced 3 of SNK’s most iconic characters, the brothers Bogard (Terry and Andy) and Joe Higashi, and chronicled their fight against Southtowns criminal kingpin, Geese Howard.
Fatal Fury was SNK’s first 2D fighting game to grace the popular NEOGEO AES system and spawned many sequels. It was due to the success of these and the unique gameplay elements they contained (inclusion of hidden characters from other franchises), that the massively successful The King of Fighters series was born.
The first volume of the Fatal Fury collection will contain Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special and Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory. The popularity of this franchise has seen many of its characters cross over into many of SNK’s other gaming franchises.
‘The Fatal Fury franchise contains a real piece of SNK’s history.’ says Peter Rollinson, Product Manager, Ignition Entertainment. ‘It was these games that helped mould the successful gaming track record that SNK enjoys.’
- Arcade Perfect conversions
- 4 games on 1 action packed disc
- 2 Player Co-op fighting
- Use your hidden abilities to inflict massive damage
- The first to incorporate two-plane fighting in a 2D setting
- Contains newly arranged soundtracks
- Bonus playable character – Ryo Sakazaki!!
- Colour Edit mode – Customise your favourite character
Already available in North America, Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol.1 for the PS2 is scheduled for European release August ’08.