Developed by Clap Hanz, in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, Santa Monica Studio, Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 takes the Hot Shots Golf franchise and prepares to deliver another stellar portable golf experience to PSP.
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 features beautiful new courses and wacky characters, along with hundreds of customization options including clothes, accessories, and equipment. Additionally, the game brings a wide range of exciting multiplayer options including 16-player online tournaments and ad hoc capability for one-on-one or Stroke Mode challenges.
In addition to brilliant graphics, colorful characters, dramatic camera angles, and realistic golf physics that fans of the series have come to love, Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 features a variety of gameplay modes to satisfy even the most hardcore golfer. Players will have the opportunity to golf on 12 breathtaking courses across tropical islands, vast desert plains, snow-capped mountains, and oceanfront views.
Internet play is available to allow players the opportunity to challenge other Hot Shots across the globe in tournaments of up to 16 players. Additionally, players can tee-off locally with up to eight others via Match Play or go head-to-head in Ad Hoc mode. In single player, fans can engage in Stroke Play mode, offering traditional golf on any available course, as well as Challenge Mode, giving players the opportunity to compete in a regular season filled with tournaments and the ability to unlock various characters and items throughout the game. To improve individual skills, players can access a Training mode to perfect every drive, pitch, and putt before the real challenge. Additionally, a fun and challenging Hole-in-One mini-game is available to test each player's shot-making prowess and enhance their character's overall accuracy.
Character customization includes more than 320 options to personalize characters with a variety of items including clothing, hairstyles, clubs, accssories, and more. Players can also utilize special combinations of clothing and accessories to provide a unique boost to character attributes as well as overall fashion style. Successfully conquering challenges in the game will allow players to further upgrade equipment, allowing for more accurate shots, longer drives, and impeccable control.
- Online Golf Action – Tee off in tournaments of up to 16 players online and challenge others around the world for the Hot Shots title.
- Ad Hoc Multiplayer – Players can engage in an eight-player Match Play mode or even hit the links one-on-one via Ad Hoc.
- Exotic Courses – 12 challenging courses to conquer, with a mix of new courses as well as fan favorites from the past to challenge golfers of all levels. The environments will take players across tropical islands, vast desert plains, snow-capped mountains, and oceanfront views.
- Crazy Characters & Caddies – Choose from 24 different playable characters and five different caddies, each with their own distinct look and characteristics that embody the fun and spirit of the Hot Shots franchise.
- In-Depth Customization – Customize characters with more than 300 different options, including clothing, hairstyles, shoes, clubs, hats, and much more. Successfully conquering challenges in the game will allow players to further upgrade equipment, allowing for more accurate shots, longer drives, and impeccable control.
- Clothing & Accessory Attribute Boost – Incorporating special combinations of clothing and accessories will provide a unique boost to character attributes as well as overall fashion style.
- Unlock A Variety of Equipment – Players can earn new clubs and golf balls throughout each match to execute more accurate shots, longer drives, tighter approaches, and pinpoint putts.
- A Variety of Golf Outings – Multiple single-player and multi-player modes of play including VS Mode, Training Mode, Tournament Mode, Stroke Mode, Match Play Mode, and other challenging modes offer a diverse golfing experience for everyone.
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 is scheduled for release on PSP, June 3, 2008
More articles about Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2