Developed by Hydravision, Alone in the Dark follows the same story across all platforms, where over the course of one apocalyptic night, hero Edward Carnby must uncover the earth-shattering secret hidden in New York's iconic Central Park.
Top prizes include a week-long trip to New York or Paris, Xbox 360 and Wii consoles, and a host of exclusive Alone in the Dark goodies including original soundtrack CDs, t-shirts and Art Books. The ‘Keep the Fire Burning’ competition is now live on the official Central Dark website and will run until 31 July 2008.
As the release of Alone in the Dark quickly approaches, anticipation for the game is literally heating up. Entrants to the ‘Keep the Fire Burning’ competition will need to create the largest group of friends for the chance of winning an inferno of prizes. Since fire will be both your best ally and your worst enemy in Alone in the Dark, knowing how to use it to your advantage is crucial. What better way to survive in the dark than with a constant source of light and a little help from your friends?
Use Edward Carnby’s fire to light your torch and pass on the flame to up to ten of your friends. The pressure is on to keep the torch alight as your friends only have 24 hours to pass the flame to ten friends of their own, and so on. To increase your chances of winning, a number code will be hidden somewhere on the Central Dark website each week which will allow you to invite two extra friends to your group. A little investigative work pays off as the largest group of friends with a lit torch will be able to retrace Edward Carnby’s steps in Central Park with a week-long trip to New York.
The competition is easy to enter: simply visit the official Central Dark website and click the ‘Keep the Fire Burning’ competition icon, or visit the competition page directly at www.CentralDark.com/keepthefireburning. Full details of the competition prizes are as follows:
- Winning group : 2 trips to New York or Paris and 3 Xbox 360 consoles in a draw between group members
- 2nd largest group : 1 trip to New York or Paris, 1 Xbox 360 console and 1 Wii console in a draw between group members
- 3rd largest group: 1 trip to New York or Paris and 1 Wii console in a draw between group members
- 4th to 10th largest groups: 40 original Alone in the Dark soundtrack CDs, 30 Alone in the Dark Art Books and 20 Alone in the Dark T-shirts in a draw between the groups’ members
- Creators of 40 largest groups will also receive an Alone in the Dark T-shirt
The ‘Keep the Fire Burning’ competition will also be available on Facebook in early June 2008 for even more chances of winning Alone in the Dark goodies.
Central Park is hiding a secret. Built as a safe haven not only for the people of New York, but for something else entirely, generations of guardians have long protected the truth, preserving the vast parkland while the most expensive city in the world reached skyward on its fringes. Now the truth can no longer be contained, and paranormal investigator Edward Carnby finds himself inexplicably cast into the eye of the storm as over the course of one apocalyptic night he must uncover the earth-shattering secret behind Central Park. New York will never be the same again.
Inspired by the gripping style of contemporary TV dramas, the game delivers a new degree of narrative intensity, presented as a complete season format of episodes each containing action, twists and cliff-hangers. Bursting with innovative technology, including unprecedented environmental interaction, revolutionary physics, advanced artificial intelligence, stunning visuals, and uniquely immersive user interface, Alone in the Dark breaks gaming clichés to fulfil the next-gen promise and deliver a new kind of entertainment experience.
- Central Park: one of the world’s most iconic and best loved urban landmarks, Central Park has been accurately reproduced using satellite data and thousands of photographs;
- Captivating story: The story reveals the conspiracy behind Central Park and challenges beliefs on the afterlife, based on ideas and theories drawn from real-world spiritual philosophies;
- Narrative Intensity: taking cues from blockbuster TV dramas, the story is told in a TV season-style narrative structure to deliver the maximum intensity throughout, keeping the player hooked;
- Real world rules: revolutionary technology brings a new level of environmental interaction to the gameplay where anything you could do in real life, you can do in the game;
- Immersion: the player is plunged into the heart of the action in real-time with full movement control, in-game inventory system, on-body damage and healing system, and physiological effects;
- Photographic Rendering: Eden’s proprietary Twilight technology and rendering engine create a lavishly detailed game world with highly realistic and advanced cinematographic effects including depth of field, camera focus, numerous light sources, moisture, reflections and High Dynamic Range effects.
Alone in the Dark is currently scheduled for June 24, 2008.
More articles about Alone in the Dark