Europa Universalis III – In Nomine (PC)
Start in October 1399, at the time of the coronation of Henry IV of England, and experience over 50 more years of game play, adding the Byzantine Empire, Tamerlane and the end of the Hundred Years War.
Choose exactly when to make major decisions that will shape the future of your country. Strive to Create Great Britain, Establish the Spanish Inquisition, or Institute the East Indian Company. Act rather than react, on both country and province level, with the new Decision System, including hundreds of different situational decisions.
Experience the new Mission System, where the player and AI alike will be given goals to achieve, providing endless replayability by guiding history along different tracks every time.
Rebels with a Cause: there are countless types of rebels, all with different goals, and different abilities. You may get colonial rebels overseas, striving for representation or independence, or you may see reactionary nobles rise up to put the serfs back where they belong. Crush the rebels by force, negotiate with them, or even worse; watch them enforce their demands on your country.
Religious tolerance now depends on the ideas and decisions you take, adding a new layer of strategy. As cardinals stay loyal longer, the power of the Papal Controller has grown, as he can now excommunicate rulers, and call crusades against infidels.
The Improved AI focuses on long-term strategic goals, and supports fully scriptable logic.
Europa Universalis III – In Nomine – is now available for download exclusively from GamersGate.
Lost Planet: Colonies Edition (X360/PC)
Lost Planet Colonies Edition provides the compelling single player experience found in the original Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, with the addition of three new modes. In Score Attack, all enemies have points assigned to them and the score awarded will change depending on how they are defeated, with skilled marksmen being rewarded. For those who thrive on a challenge, Trial Battle Mode delivers the goods, pitting players against all of the game's bosses, one after another. Players of both Score Attack and Trial Battle modes will be able to compare their skills and compete for bragging rights via the online ranking system. Finally, for fans that want to take their skills to a whole new level, the new Off Limit Mode will allow players to take on Lost Planet's harsh environments and enemies with over-the-top, super-charged weapons and a powered-up grappling hook.
Fans of multiplayer action will not be disappointed as Lost Planet Colonies Edition allows them to enjoy 4 new maps, 5 new playable characters, 10 new weapons and 7 new multiplayer modes. Players become poachers as they attempt to steal opponents' alien Akrid eggs in a number of individual and team play modes, while the addition of VS Annihilator Mode assigns one robotic Vital Suit to each team, which must be defended at all cost. Lost Planet Colonies Edition also includes the feature that Lost Planet fans across the globe have been clamoring for – the ability to play as a gigantic marauding Akrid. Revel in the chance to turn the tables on the Snow Pirates as you assume the role of one of E.D.N. III's indigenous creatures in Akrid Hunting mode.
All of these modes can be played across a total of 20 diverse maps, including a number of brand-new multiplayer arenas set in areas such as the confines of an ancient coliseum or the broad expanse of desert. For the first time, Xbox 360 owners will be able to join up with or play against Windows-based PC gamers, thanks to Lost Planet Colonies Edition's cross-platform compatibility.
- New modes for single player campaign
- Score Attack – Each enemy and destructible object has points assigned to them, with the player being awarded different points depending on how they defeat the enemy.
- Trial Battle Mode – Take on each of the game's bosses, one after another.
- Off Limit Mode – Go wild with over-the-top, super-charged weapons with unlimited ammunition and increased speed of movement.
- New online modes
- Akrid Hunter – Get the chance to finally play as an Akrid as your opponents attempt to take you down.
- VS Annihilator – Each team attempts to destroy its opponent's VS while defending its own.
- CounterGrab – The team with the longest data post activation time wins.
- Point Snatcher – Take down opponents and collect the most thermal energy points.
- Akrid Egg Battle – Steal Akrid eggs from the opponent's team and bring them safely back to your own base.
- Egg Bandit – steal your opponent's Akrid egg, with points awarded for longer capture times.
- Four new multiplayer maps
- Crossfire City – the wide streets provide an excellent opportunity for VS battles, while buildings provide great cover for sharp-eyed snipers.
- Area 921– Two industrial compounds located in a vast desert and linked by an underground pipe.
- Lost Arena – The central arena is ideal for VS pilots to act as futuristic gladiators, while those on foot can use the surrounding grandstands as their battleground.
- Assault Space – Set onboard a space ship and its supply vessel, zero gravity is sure to make for some interesting encounters.
- New playable characters
- Two female and two robot characters are added to the roster of choices for online personas to choose from, bringing the total to 11.
- Five new playable character models.
- New weapons (human)
- Hand Gun – weak in power, but very accurate and easy to use.
- Revolver – The expert's one-shot kill weapon of choice at close quarters.
- Flame Launcher – Uses thermal energy to lay down a wall of fire.
- Hand Cannon – A handgun-like rocket launcher that is very effective against VS suits.
- New weapons (VS)
- Pile Bunker – A long spike fires out at immense speed.
- VS Rifle – VS-dedicated rifle which has the longest range and loses no power regardless of the distance.
- Rocket Pod – Shoot off a salvo of rockets to cause immense damage to a specific area.
- Laser Lance – Attack with a sweeping arc of devastation.
- New Environments
- Snowstorms, arctic winds, towering mountains of ice are all stunningly realised, creating a truly immersive and cinematic event of epic proportions.
- New perspectives
- Switch to first person view or the over-the-shoulder view from Resident Evil 4 for even more intense action.
- Cross Platform Play
- XBOX 360 and PC users can now compete on the same battlefield.
Mass Effect (PC)
Fully optimized for the PC, Mass Effect includes a new Tactical Heads-Up Display, higher resolution visuals, an enhanced inventory system, fully optimized controls designed specifically for the PC, individual squad control and a new decryption mini-game.
"Bring Down the Sky," the first in a series of planned downloadable content that will further expand the Mass Effect story and universe, will soon be available free1 of charge for registered BioWare community members to download. It includes a new uncharted world that introduces the deadly Batarian alien race, approximately 90 minutes of new gameplay and an original soundtrack.
Published by EA and re-designed for the PC by BioWare and Demiurge Studios, Mass Effect invites players to take the role of Commander Shepard as they set out on an adventure to save the galaxy from imminent destruction. Wrought with treachery, heroism, difficult decisions and a universe filled with unique and colorful species, Mass Effect delivers heart pounding action and a cinematic storyline.
Rated "M" for Mature, Mass Effect is available at a MSRP of $49.99 at all major retail outlets and is also available for purchase online.
Snood Deluxe (PC)
Snood Deluxe is an addicting puzzle game where the player must use their wits and good aim to save the Snoods. By attaching Snoods of the same type into groups of three or more you can set the Snoods free and accumulate points, prizes, awards, and more!
Snood Deluxe is infinitely replayable with nearly endless puzzles and a wide variety of game modes. You can even team up with a friend in Spider mode and work together on the same keyboard to save the Snoods, get high scores, and achieve Snood fame! Snood Deluxe also features an online leader board so other Snood savers like yourself can publish their greatest accomplishments and show off their tip-top skills. If that wasn't enough, Snood Deluxe also includes plenty of features for the creative Snood savers among us. Snood artists can craft custom Snood pictures, create brand new puzzles and upload them to other users, and much more!
There's no time to delay, save the Snoods!
- Set your own pace! There is no time limit in Snood Deluxe, so you can play as quickly or as patiently as you wish.
- Simple controls! You only need the mouse to play. Move it left and right to aim your launcher, and click to launch your Snood.
- Multiple difficulty settings! Pick the level that suits your skill, from Child to Evil, or try the Puzzle or Journey levels.
- Two player mode where you can team up with a friend on the same computer to save the Snoods! One player launches Snoods while the other controls the Spider which can move Snoods around.
- Design your own custom difficulty settings, snoods, and puzzles. The sky is the limit with the creativity and customization you can put into Snood Deluxe.
- Show off your Snood skills with an in-game high score list and an online leader board. Let the world know how good at Snood you really are!
Snood Deluxe, rated E for Everyone, is available for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac OS 10.4 and above at retailers nationwide.
Sword of the Stars: Collector's Edition (PC)
Sword of the Stars: Collector's Edition brings the entire Sword of the Stars universe together by including the official add-on Born of Blood, which has never been released to retail in North America, and the very latest version of Sword of the Stars (version 1.5.2). It is packed with exclusive bonus material, further upgrades, and a 150+ page Sword of the Stars paperback novel entitled, The Deacon's Tale, penned by renowned science fiction author Arinn Dembo. Sword of the Stars: Collector's Edition can be purchased at the following stores:Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Circuit City, EB Games Canada, J & R Music World, Micro Centre, Nebraska Furniture Mart, London Drugs, Wal-Mart Canada, plus other reputable retailers.
Sword of the Stars: Collector's Edition includes:
- The popular base game Sword of the Stars
- The highly acclaimed add-on Born of Blood (first time releasing to retail stores in the U.S. and Canada)
- The first ever Sword of the Stars paperback novel, The Deacon's Tale penned by renowned science fiction author Arinn Dembo (150+ pages)
- A Bonus CD with stunning concept art, video interviews, trailers, music tracks, and extensive backgrounds on each of the five races
- Windows Vista compatible
- PC DVD-ROM