This, the first Module, adds a significant number of new formations, units, weapons, equipment and vehicles for both the US and Syrian sides, as well as brand new missions, maps and a campaign. General game engine improvements (such as Tactical Artificial Intelligence improvements, tweaking cover values and so on) are included as well, although they are also available to all Shock Force customers. This ensures that everybody plays by the same rules and experiences the same basic gameplay.
So what does the Marines Module include?
- Marines Infantry Battalion
- Marines Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion (LAV)
- Marines Tank Battalion
- Marines Assault Amphibian Company (AAV)
- Marines Engineer Battalion
- Syrian Airborne Battalion
- Syrian Mechanized Airborne Company
- M32 Multiple Grenade Launcher
- Shoulder-launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon (SMAW)
- M72A7 Light Anti-Tank Weapon System (LAW)
- M40A3 Sniper Rifle
- M16A4 rifle
- M16A4 rifle w/M203 Grenade Launcher
- Marine M1A1 Abrams
- Marine M1A1 FEP Abrams
- LAV-25 A2
- LAV-AT A2
- LAV-C2 A2
- MTVR 6x6 Armored Truck
- M1046 TOW Humvee
- M1114 Humvee w/ Mk19 Grenade Launcher
- T-90SA Tank
- BRDM-2 (AT-5)
Also included are new scenarios and a campaign. Details about those, as well as details about some surprises, will be released later (if we would reveal them right now they wouldn't be surprises...)
The Marines Module is packed with a lot of cool stuff and it will be available to you all soon. "Soon" means "when it's ready". "All" means to anybody with a Battlefront, Paradox Interactive (retail), and Gamersgate (online) version of CM:SF.
CMSF Marines will be available for $25, and will not be available in stores, only from Battlefront.com.
More articles about Combat Mission Shock Force: Marines