Update 1.50 is a big step for Battlefield as it is the first time EA has included community created maps and included them into an update. Wake Island makes a come back thanks to The Sir. Community and appears alongside a brand new map new to Battlefield created by Jason Brice, Operation Shingle. Also, for those who prefer to fight on foot, EA DICE has added a No Vehicle option to a number of maps to allow you to fight without worrying if you’ll come face to face with a Battle Walker. Also, as requested by match broadcasting groups EA has separated the Commanders voice volume from the Sound Effects so you can keep the explosions and gun fire without the Commander interrupting the broadcast.
- Added community maps, Wake Island 2142 and Operation Shingle
- Added the ability to use widescreen resolutions.
- Added No Vehicles mode.
- Added Conquest Assault mode.
- Changed the volume control for the Commander Voice Over on request of the esports community.
- Changes made to pod steering mechanism to improve control while limiting pod surfing.
- Fixed the loading issue caused by corrupt Radial.cdb file
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
WAKE ISLAND 2142
- Narrowed down the land bridge
- Fixed FAVs not spawning more than twice
- Add wrecked gunship to titan deck
- Shorten FAV spawn time
- Add FAV to Beach
- Add crates to top of dock
- Create path from Village to other side of island
- Add anti tank gun to Village
- Add anti air gun to Beach
- Add additional blockades against mech movement at entrance to dock
- Get rid of Island flagpole
- Add crate next to antenna at main base to help people jump up on it
- Fix small bug with beached ship at Beach
- Add trees back to small island
- Reduce the respawn time of EU gunship 30 -> 20
- Increased docked titan pod velocity 38 -> 41
- Move AA gun at main base
- Crates/barrels on Titan deck
- Reduce FAV spawn delay
- Move PAC assets to island tips
- FAV spawn at main base - cars start rolling forwards
- At Office and Checkpoint, the antitank can kill the titan AA gun
- Put tank barriers in front of dock entrance
- Bring consoles on docked titan back to normal strength
- Indestructible PAC titan
- Limit PAC to only one gunship
- Increase docked titan pod launch velocity 35 -> 38
- Add ladder on other side of dock
- Turn EU gunship 180 degrees
- Add spawnpoints on top of dock to Dock CP
- Increase the time it takes to capture Core flag
- Moved PAC titan back
- Replace stairs up to dock with ladder
- Fix docked titan pods launching backwards
- Reduce the respawn time of EU gunship 80 -> 30
- Added NO VEHICLES mode.
- Added ASSAULT LINES mode.
- Preview Map updated to reflect proper Team positioning
- Tickets have been reversed. Attacking team now has extra 30 tickets.
- Columns/Command Center/Refugee Camp flags cannot be capped from a level below their locations.
- Battle Walkers no longer do the MOONWALK on spawn
- minculldistance has been removed
More articles about Battlefield 2142