That demo will show off much of the new fan requested content and features that have been added to the game over the last few months through five free game updates. Just some of the features and content added to Societies include:
- New strategic modes: Basic, Hardcore and Nightmare, each one a more intense challenge to your city buildings skills.
- Three new exotic disasters, including UFOs, a giant robot and a massive monster
- New events and crises, including counter-cultural revolutions, general strikes, epidemics and more
- Easy firefighting controls. Put out the flames faster!
- Improved road placing controls
- Almost countless UI additions, everything more charts and graphs to new auto-execute buttons for special abilities
- City Policies, giving you the power to enact Universal Healthcare, Indoctrination, and other ways to affect, or control, your citizens lives
- Six scenarios ranging from the relaxing the intense
- Dozens of new buildings and special Sims
- More than 100 other additions and improvements
The free downloadable demo will include the tutorial, a challenging scenario and two major disasters.
Build an artistic city, haunted town, green city, spiritual community or most any society you want! Using the accessible, innovative and versatile city-builder, players can create their own kind of city in SimCity Societies.
Players start by choosing from a variety of more than 350 building types, each of which allows them to combine, connect and re-arrange structures freely. Players can challenge authority and experiment with what happens when citizens flagrantly disobey power in an unruly Orwellian society. Or if players are feeling happy, they can build a Fun City filled with Ferris Wheels, Gingerbread Houses and Chocolate Factories! Inspiration can come from a wide range of architectural periods ranging from the realistic to the fanciful; from the industrial age to futuristic designs, with each structure reflecting its name and nature, many offering a click-on action for fans to play upon! As each city evolves, players will be able to unlock new buildings that can help advance - or regress - their society.
SimCity Societies introduces an all-new, revolutionary feature set for players to combine buildings that will produce or consume new kinds of resources called "social energies." How you mix and match these resources - industry, wealth, obedience, knowledge, devotion, or creativity--determines the social energy of your city. Will your city be happy and creative, spiritual and knowledgeable, will it be wealthy and powerful or obedient and fearful? Its fate is in your hands!
Not only will players be able to build from any or all energies, but the cities will look and behave differently depending on the energy combinations the player makes. From futuristic metropolises and fantastical haunted cities to obedient Orwellian states and devout contemplative towns - what to combine and connect is up to the creator.
SimCity Societies, developed by Tilted Mill Entertainment, is currently available worldwide, and SimCity Societies: Destinations is scheduled for later this year.
More articles about SimCity Societies