Bus Driver puts the player in the driving seat of twelve different buses, each beautifully detailed and inspired by real life buses in use from around the world. Types include: London double deckers, American-style school buses and European low-floor city buses. As you manoeuvre each of them around a realistic looking fictional American city you’ll need to keep to planned routes and to within the restrictions of a very busy timetable.
You’ll start to learn the basics of professional driving by obeying the Highway Code and treating your passengers’ safety as an absolute priority. Unlike other driving games, Bus Driver’s focus is on securing the well being of your passengers at all times and on 100% reliability of the service you provide. You’ll get to drive around an expansive city environment featuring different suburbs and districts. Each one contains varying styles including modern, old town, residential suburbs, an airport and the local harbour.
“We have been working with SCS Software to change some minor things in the game for the North American market.” said Jeff Giasson, Production Director at Meridian4, “There was very little to be done to this surprisingly addictive driving sim.”
There are 30 routes to negotiate which are staged over five tiered levels of increasing difficulty. You’ll enjoy the satisfaction of progressing up through the difficulty levels! Multiple duties include driving a school bus, transporting tourists and sightseers and even prisoners! Varying weather conditions (all realistically depicted) and set at various times throughout the day add to Bus Driver’s realism.
Bus Driver also contains ‘living roads’ with intelligent traffic controlled by a sophisticated AI system. A high replay value is guaranteed by the constant learning and improvement in knowledge of traffic rules and gameplay related bonuses.
- 12 buses to drive 12 buses to drive – detailed models inspired by real-world buses, including London’s double-decker bus, America’s school bus, Europe’
- 30 routes arranged into 5 tiers with increasing difficulty
- Multiple duties, such as driving a school bus, transporting tourists, sight-seeing tours and even the transportation of prisoners
- High replay value based on sophisticated system of traffic rules and game-play related bonuses.
- Large city to drive in, with several districts of varying styles: modern, old-town, suburb, airport, harbor and more with day/night cycles and realistic weather conditions.
- Living roads with intelligent traffic controlled by AI system
- Non-violent, easy to pick up gameplay, suitable for all ages.
Already available in Europe, Bus Driver is coming to in North America and Australia in May 2008.
More articles about Bus Driver