Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory is the latest instalment in the award-winning, critically acclaimed and hugely popular Sudden Strike series. It features historically authentic models built to scale, fully interactive giant maps and full 3-D state-of-the-art graphics in the popular Sudden Strike style. Only Sudden Strike plays like the 'real thing'. WW2 gaming at its best: on land, at sea and in the air!
There will be four campaigns; two of them are on the Pacific islands, and two of them in Europe. The player will be able to play for the American or Japanese armies in the Pacific, and for the Allies or Germans in Europe. This will be the first RTS engine to render accurate vast marine and land battlefields (maps contain more than 150 "virtual" square kilometers).
Three new single-player missions and two multiplayer missions will be shipped with the Sudden Strike 3 - Addon. Two of new singleplayer missions form a Campaign, in which player will fight on a German side against USSR forces at summer 1942. Third is an independent singleplayer mission, where player will take command of an Allied forces in Ardennes at autumn 1944 and will try to stop German invasion.
One of the multiplayer missions is designed for four players, the other is for six players. Also we have rebalanced part of our old missions.
- Fully interactive landscape (all objects can be destroyed, all buildings and pillboxes can be used as shelter)
- Massive operations on big maps, strategic scale of the maps (front line can be a few kilometres long)
- Thousands of units fighting in real time
- More than 300 tanks, ships, soldiers, guns and planes with original weapons built to scale
- Great sounds, 5.1 supported, nations speak native languages
- New feature - advanced Micro AI-behaviour allows your troops to act exactly as you plan
- Joint naval and ground operations, air raids, artillery strikes etc.
- State-of-the-art technology to render 3D landscape, realistic lines of sight and fire
- Spectacular visual & lighting effects
- Multiplayer mode: up to 8 players, GameSpy supported
- Five campaigns playable for American, British, German, Japanese and Soviet sides
Estimated release date for this add-on is May 2008.
More articles about Sudden Strike III: Arms for Victory