X-Blades is the first action game in anime-style developed in Russia, executed in the best traditions of this genre and will certainly astonish the users with its beautiful graphics and many other elements as well, such as intriguing plot, unusual enemies and rich arsenal of murderous skills and magic, which allows the user to fight monsters as efficiently as spectacular. For those who are longing for epos the developers propose to become part of a legend of a mysterious artifact, hair-rising curse and secrets of ancient civilizations.
Users keen on slashing combats will find a huge variety of ways of eliminating countless enemies. Two powerful gunblades which the heroine always carries about allow the user to make a real slaughter in close combat and also feel like an habitue of a shooting gallery. Apart from all kinds of standard guns, which may be everyway upgraded, the arsenal includes more than fifteen smashing spells – so no one would begrudge the heroine’s enemies.
X-Blades features a special combination of cinematic style, beautiful animation, and relentless, high speed gameplay. Players assume the role of Ayumi, a stunningly seductive yet tenacious heroine who battles enemies with her pistol blades, acrobatic ability, and magic spells. With full anime cut scenes, the story unfolds revealing demonic powers and spectacular landscapes, all ripe for exploration and battles.
You all know that Ayumi, that charismatic heroine in the Anime spectacular "X-Blades", has lots of real cool moves and combat techniques - but you can only reap the full benefit of all these skills if you can call them up fast and accurately with your mouse or controller. That's why the developers invested a lot of time and effort in developing an interface that's straightforward and good to look at too - the attached screenshot will give you an idea of what to expect and here’s a summary of the elements for you:
- Upper left - life energy and magical skills default values.
- Lower left - current spells, in an amulet.
- Right - combat displays.
- Screen top - currently collected experience points.
- Lower right - another Life bar that tells you at a glance how your opponent's health is.
- Screen center - graphic portrayal of especially successful attack combos. Here you can see your score, including multiplicators and commentary, plus optical extra - small bolts of lightning in the glass tube accompany the special combinations.
- Absorbing fantasy story with spectacular landscapes and figures
- Attractive heroine in Anime style
- Learn to play easily - wide range of development possibilities
- Special mode for a heroine with demonic forces
- Innovative Blade Gun for firing projectiles and for close combat
- Role-playing elements to improve skills and enhance weapons
- Over 20 types of magic in different classes
- Around 40 different scenarios (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Alternative endings, depending on player's actions
- Hidden Power-ups hook players to explore levels
- Over 30 different classes of opponent
- Powerful Boss opponents with fantastic design
- Cinematic stylistic devices like Bullet-Time
- Various difficulty levels - from Beginner to Pro
More articles about X-Blades