The sequel to the 2007 acclaimed role-playing game Eschalon: Book I, Book II will continue the storyline from where it ended in the previous game and feature more than 60 gameplay enhancements.
"Basilisk Games is very excited to announce that we will be releasing Book II early next year. Classic, old-school computer role-playing is very much a viable market and we have been happy with the consumer response to Book I." commented Thomas Riegsecker, Lead Developer of the Eschalon series. "Book II will be an exciting step forward for the series."
No previous experience with Book I will be needed to enjoy Book II as the in-game narrative will guide unfamiliar players into the realm of Eschalon- a medieval fantasy world on the brink of war. The game will take players across multiple regions as they seek to further uncover the mystery surrounding their character's past. With an updated graphic engine, interface enhancements and gameplay improvements taken directly from fan suggestions, Book II will be an adventure no RPG enthusiast will want to miss!
Eschalon: Book II is the second game in a trilogy of RPGs designed to have a play style similar to classic RPGs of the 80's and 90's. With a focus on a single-player storyline, statistically driven character development and turn-based combat, Eschalon: Book II features a style of gameplay rarely seen anymore in commercial games.
- Built on an updated engine and the same design principals as its predecessor, Book II features a huge tile-built game world and a unique approach to turn-based gameplay. Thousands of items, creatures, NPCs, dungeons, traps, and puzzles await your discovery in this old-school role-playing game inspired by such classics as Ultima, Might & Magic and Wizardry.
- Book II continues Eschalon's world events where Book I ended, though no previous experience is needed to enjoy the game. Book II features a sprawling story spanning three regions with cause-and-effect outcomes to many quests.
- Book II uses an updated game engine running at 1024 x 768 native resolution. Hundreds of new graphic elements, tiles, sound effects and music means Book II is not just a remix of Book I.
- New weather effects including snow, rain, and thunderstorms which can affect gameplay stats and skills.
- New gender selection (play as a male or female), additional skills and enhanced skill development allows you to advance your character as high as level 30.
- Enhanced GUI includes additional save game slots, increased number of Inventory and Quick Slot spaces, new Key Ring and Potion Mixer, "Equipment configuration" presets for convenient swapping of entire armor and weapons sets, and more!
- New difficulty modes, challenges and tracked statistics add to replay value.
- ...and much, much more! Over *60 new or enhanced features are being integrated into Book II!
Eschalon: Book II, developed by Basilisk Games, is expected to be released Q2 2009 for PC, Macintosh and Linux-based computers.