Published by Grappa Music and composed by Knut Avenstroup Haugen, the 2CD soundtrack sends the listener on a spellbinding musical journey throughout Hyboria, while diving into the darkest, deepest dungeons of Vanaheim along the way.
The first CD focus on the in-game orchestral music, and the captivating score delivers something for all moods, ranging from the lush and serene to the primal and decadent. These are the very best tracks from the game, as selected and produced by composer Knut Avenstroup Haugen. Several great musicians have contributed to the score, among others the amazing Helene Bøksle and a large choir including members of the Norwegian State Opera Choir and other prominent musicians and singers. This allows for tremendous variation in the musical experience, and will soon be available at music retailers across the western hemisphere.
“It has been a great honor to create the score for Age of Conan. To provide musical content for a universe that is so vast, so varied and so rich has been a huge undertaking, but an experience that never ceased to be immensely enjoyable,” said Knut Avenstroup Haugen, producer and composer on the Age of Conan soundtrack.
As an added treat the soundtrack also comes with a special bonus CD, which includes eight more orchestral songs from the game. Not only that, it features no less than three songs by infamous rockers Turbonegro. After their legendary performance at the Age of Conan launch event, Turbonegro shifted into creative high gear and recorded a brand new song dedicated to their favorite barbarian, appropriately entitled “Destroy All Monsters”. With lead singer Hank Von Helvete claiming to have read “every Conan comic”, it’s clear that the creative partnership goes well beyond the ordinary, the result being a rock-anthem of Imotephian evil, capable of kicking any ancient Hyborian beast out of their thousand year long beauty sleep. Turbo-connoisseur's should also note that this is the very first recording the band does with their new drummer Tomas Dahl, hence the thunderous drum rolls opening the song. In addition to brand new “Destroy All Monsters”, the bonus CD also includes two additional songs from Turbonegro.
“It’s just perfect that Age of Conan is supported with a song from Turbonegro – the two hardest rocking pieces of entertainment to ever come out of Norway,” said Hank Von Helvete, lead singer of Turbonegro. “As a huge Conan fan, I am proud to be part of this statement against modern life boredom and common life impotency. Heads must and shall roll.”
During the last few years, Turbonegro has significantly increased their public appeal, and their fan-club now boasts more than 2600 world-wide chapters! The band has been featured in numerous feature films and TV-series, most notably CSI, Jackass (MTV-series + both feature movies), Wildboyz (title song), Viva La Bam and Dirty Sanchez, as well as the game Rock Band II. As a result of their incredible music and independent attitude, two tribute albums have been made, where bands like HIM, Queens Of The Stone Age, Therapy, Satyricon and others have given tribute.
You can already purchase CD1 of the soundtrack on itunes, while CD2 will become available during June. The physical version of the soundtrack CD will become available across Europe in June, and is expected to be released in North America shortly after.
As Microsoft’s DirectX 10 is undoubtedly the future of PC gaming, Funcom has decided to ship only the DirectX 9 version at launch, giving the team more time to focus on building a DirectX 10 version worthy of Microsoft’s great vision for the future of PC gaming. This postponement will let Funcom include even more features in the DirectX 10 version of Age of Conan than originally planned.
The DirectX 10 version will be premiered at the German Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, August 20 – 24, 2008. A special preview showing off the advanced graphics made possible by DirectX 10 technology will be unveiled this summer at nVidia’s NVISION event in San Jose, California, August 25 – 27, 2008.
In 'Conan' the players will encounter a dark, lush, violent and sinful universe, presented in fantastic graphics and stunning 7.1 surround audio. In a world filled with cruel gods, mythical creatures, lost civilizations and a struggling human race, the mighty barbarian has finally seized the throne as king of Aquilonia. But Conan's rule is on the brink of chaos, spiraling towards the doom of ancient evils. In this twisted fantasy world, dark magic and brutal combat lurks around every corner, and each man and woman must carve their own unique destiny under Conan's reign. In the true vision of Robert E. Howard's dark universe it's now time for you to become a messenger of death.
In addition to incredible graphics and sound, the game will be filled with unique features like the "Real Combat" engine; a revolutionary new multi-point melee system which allows the players to swing their weapons where they direct it, in real-time! This easy to learn and fun melee system lets the players truly feel they are on the battlefield, and goes head-on against the formulaic nature of online RPG combat. In 'Conan' you can also, for the first time in an online RPG, create player-made battle formations where you can command NPC's and other players in combat, making for epic multiplayer battles. The multiplayer game also allow the players to form guilds and lay siege to enemy castles, letting their catapults sing their merry song of death as the enemy is crushed to a pulp.
Key pricing parameters for the game will be: The Standard game SKU will have a Suggested Retail Price (SRP) of 59,99 USD in North America and at 49.99 Euro in the European markets. Funcom will receive a share of the wholesale price of the product which is the price selling into the retail-chains, which naturally is lower than the SRP.
Without further ado, the monthly subscription prices for Age of Conan are as follows:
North America & Oceania
Monthly Per Month Total
1 Month 14.99 USD 14.99 USD
3 months 13.99 USD 41,97 USD
6 months 12.99 USD 77.94 USD
Monthly Per Month Total Total Incl. VAT
1 Month 12.99 EUR 12.99 EUR 14.94 EUR
3 months 11.99 EUR 35.97 EUR 41.37 EUR
6 months 10.99 EUR 65.94 EUR 75.83 EUR
VAT only applicable in EU member states
Monthly Per Month Total Total Incl. VAT
1 Month 8.99 GBP 8.99 GBP 10.34 GBP
3 months 8.39 GBP 25.17 GBP 28.95 GBP
6 months 7.69 GBP 46.14 GBP 53.06 GBP
In addition to the online subscriptions, players can also purchase 60-day timecards in retail stores around Europe, North America and Oceania. The recommended retail price for 60-day timecards is 29.99 USD / 29.99 EUR (including VAT where applicable). Markets outside Europe, Oceania and North America will follow European pricing.
Minimum configuration (1024x768, detail reduced)
- OS: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz or equivalent
- RAM: 1GB Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better
- Video memory: 128MB
- DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
- HARD DRIVE SPACE: 30GB
Recommended configuration (Up to 1280X960, most features on)
- OS: Windows XP SP 2 or Windows Vista
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 2048MB Dual Channel DDR2
- Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or equivalent
- Video memory: 512MB
- DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
- HARD DRIVE SPACE: 30GB
Online Gaming: Broadband connection required.
Enhanced for: DirectX 10, 64-bit processors, multi-core, supports parental controls on Vista
- The first official Conan online RPG sends you on a brutal journey in the footsteps of the worlds’ greatest fantasy hero. Meet Conan’s friend and foes, battle demons and monsters known from 70 year of Conan history, and step up to the ultimate challenge and befriend the mighty king Conan himself.
- Enter a gigantic and unique gameworld containing more than 30 distinct regions spread across the three mighty nations of Aquilonia, Cimmeria and Stygia. Explore deep jungles, burning deserts, inhospitable mountains, vast valleys, dark dungeons or gleaming cities, and take part in an incredible journey of exploration and adventure.
- Experience Funcom’s revolutionary Real Combat engine, and fight mounted or on the ground. A new multi-point melee system allows the players to swing their weapons where they direct it, in real-time, going head-on against the formulaic nature of online RPG combat. The Real Combat engine also allow players to team up in battle formations and command both NPC’s and other players in epic multiplayer battles, as well as giving you the chance to participate in massive sieges.
- Emerge as a hero from the story-driven single-player experience and embark into even greater adventures in the massively multiplayer part of the game. The branching single-player story is created by the award-winning writers behind The Longest Journey, Dreamfall and Anarchy Online so expect something extraordinary.
- Meet the ultimate resistance in human opponents, and enjoy crushing the skulls of fellow players in mini-games, sieges, arena fights and drunken brawls. Charge into the world of Conan, and fight monsters and demons alone or in groups.
- Form guilds in the multiplayer game and lay siege to hostile castles. Let the catapults sing their merry song of death as the enemy is brutally crushed to a pulp. Team up with other players in large guilds, and explore a large range of social gameplay opportunities. ‘Conan’ also offers extensive solo gaming opportunities, taking you through an amazing single-player journey and deep into the lands of Hyboria.
- Besides bringing the most brutal experience ever seen in a MMO, Conan also promises to deliver what all fans of MMOs love and enjoy. Vast character customization opportunities, a deep character creation, lots of social opportunities, crafting, a deep and fun RPG system, exciting classes and player-made cities are but a few ingredients in this powerful RPG.
- ‘Conan’ takes graphics in MMOs to a new level! With the latest and greatest in technology and an amazing art direction the graphics in ‘Conan’ immerses you into a world as never before seen in any online fantasy universe.
- Listen to a powerful and epic soundtrack in 7.1 surround. Hear gripping voices recorded by professional actors, and enjoy a dynamic soundscape bringing players to the edge of their seats.
- ‘Age of Conan’ delivers a brutal, mature and compelling storyline that will send you headlong on a journey of brutality, intrigue and depth. Mixing the finest of storytelling found in classic RPG’s with the open-ended approach found in MMOs, ‘Conan’ delivers a rare and special story experience.
- In the true and barbaric vision of Robert E. Howard, ‘Age of Conan’ promises to bring mature online players something dark, new and refreshing. This is no cartoony fairytale, ‘Conan’ is made by grown-ups, for grown-ups, giving online gamers the chance to unleash the ultimate havoc and fury.
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures launches on May 20 in North America and May 23, 2008 in Europe
More articles about Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures