Available on June 22, 2008, at North American retailers nationwide, the bundle provides a cool combo package for grads about to head off to college as well as summertime, road-tripping rockers of all ages.
“This one-of-a-kind bundle makes Nintendo DS even more appealing to our ever-growing audience of players,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Like Nintendo DS itself, the Guitar Hero franchise has attracted millions of new players to the world of video games.”
“We are thrilled to be the first third-party publisher to partner with Nintendo on this unique offering,” said Dusty Welch, Head of Publishing for RedOctane. “With the Guitar Hero-branded NDS and our Guitar Hero: On Tour game and peripheral, this amazing bundle delivers gamers a complete Guitar Hero experience they can enjoy anytime, anywhere.”
The game will be packaged with a revolutionary Guitar Hero Guitar Grip peripheral that fits snugly into the DS and a unique Guitar Hero pick-stylus that brings a new dimension to handheld gaming and the core gameplay that defines Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero: On Tour has been designed specifically for the DS platform and will offer the DS audience an all-new compelling music experience.
Guitar Hero: On Tour continues to build on the franchise's signature easy-to-play, yet difficult to master addictive gameplay, and now lets players take their experience on the road wherever they go. Players use the Guitar Hero pick-stylus on the touch screen to strum their favorite tunes and create their rock 'n' roll legacy in career mode.
Fans can also join together to play co-op mode using a local wireless network, or battle each other in a Guitar Duel using new Battle Items unique to the DS platform. For example, players must blow into the microphone to extinguish a pyrotechnics effects gone wrong, or use the touch screen to autograph a crazed fan's shirt in the middle of their set.
Featuring five unlockable new venues, the game lets players personalize their experience by choosing the color of their axe of choice, selecting to play as one of six characters - two of which are all new and exclusive to Guitar Hero: On Tour - and outfitting their guitarist in numerous styles.
Partial track list :
- Ca me vexe - Mademoiselle K
- Black Magic Woman - Santana - covered by Line 6
- Stray Cat Strut - Stray Cats
- La Grange - ZZ Top - covered by Line 6
- Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row - covered by Wavegroup
- All Star - Smash Mouth
- All The Small Things - Blink 182
- Are You Gona Be My Girl - Jet
- Breed - Nirvana
- China Grove - The Doobie Brothers
- Do What You Want - OK Go
- Heaven - Los Lonely Boys
- Helicopter - Bloc Party
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
- Jessie’s Girl - Rick Springfield
- Rock and Roll All Nite - KISS (covered by Line 6)
- Spiderwebs - No Doubt
- This Love - Maroon 5
- We’re Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
- What I Want - Daughtry
- Fans can now take the Guitar Hero experience wherever they go with Guitar Hero: On Tour. The Guitar Hero Guitar Grip is an ergonomic extension that mimics a guitar fret board and fits seamlessly in people’s hands t deliver the same core gameplay that defines Guitar Hero.
- Included with the game is a new Guitar Hero pick stylus that allows gamers to strum away in style on the touch activated screen of the DS.
- On a local wireless network, friends can join together to play in coop mode, or challenge one another in a Guitar Duel using new battle items unique to the DS platform.
- Players can blow into the microphone to extinguish a pyrotechnics effects gone wrong, or use the touch screen to autograph a fan’s shirt in the middle of their set.
- With a vast collection of Gibson guitars, five unlockable venues and six characters to choose from – including two new rockers exclusive to Guitar Hero: On Tour – gamers can personalize their Guitar Hero experience to their heart’s desire.
- Fans can prove their shredding skills on the most diverse set list of master tracks ever offered on a Guitar Hero game, including classic rock, pop and alternative favorites such as Nirvana, OK Go and No Doubt.
Guitar Hero: On Tour, rated "E 10+", is being developed by Vicarious Visions for the NDS, and is scheduled for release June 22, 2008.
More articles about Guitar Hero: On Tour