REPORTED ISSUES UNDER INVESTIGATION
1. Random crash on exit from server browser (unable to reproduce at this time)
2. Previously destroyed ground objects sometimes re-appearing on client
3. Ground object "ghosting" issues related to server delegated objects. Affects fp respawning as well as ground vehicles which are sometimes not created, though their TTDs are visible indicating where they should be created.
1. Compiled with latest DirectX (June 2008) SDK. Requires June 2008 Runtime!!
2. Compiled with latest FMODex (4.16.00) audio SDK.
1. When a new unknown object is created the console server now shows who created the object.
2. FIXED: grenades kept sliding on the floor and wouldn't bounce.
3. FIXED: server delegated objects were sometimes being created and moved under the terrain.
v1.00.06 RC9 (IN TESTING)
1. FIXED: Character orientation issues when in fp mode. Now updated to use same dynamics as crafts; so is much smoother.
2. FIXED: when a remote client tries to change weapon the clients no longer check for that item in the inventory. Also it doesn't keep trying to change if the weapon is in 'IS_Holster' state already. Previously when a client changed weapons in fp mode, the other clients wouldn't see it.
1. FIXED: Use of DJP would sometimes cause a crash
2. Disabled the Y/N prompt on DJP and supply station use
1. Added some driveable vehicles to the scenes. All NPC units were previously removed in the previous update.
2. FIXED: grenades were not detonating due to their being handled remotely
3. FIXED: weather conditions were being generated on client. Server now chooses a random fixed value for the weather each session. NOTE: Once the server sets a random weather, it will not change until the server is restarted!
1. Revised the multiplayer specific scenes and removed all NPC units from them. This vastly improves performance but of course relegates planetside skirmishes to deathmatch and team deathmatch only with no NPC units (launch pads, SAMs, crafts etc) present. Since you can launch from a server with your asset of choice, this is a worthy tradeof.
2. Tweaked fp character dynamics. First person multiplayer was vastly improved since RC1 and this represents the final tweak. Engagements involving players in fps mode, flying fighters, gunships, driving vehicles etc is now a much better reality than ever before.
3. Tweaked character animation timing which was causing a jitter when in fp mode
4. Disabled the five minute wait timer for using the DJP and supply station.
5. FIXED: various server related crashes.
1. Compiled with latest FMODex audio SDK.
2. All save games now have the date/time stamp
3. FIXED: Problem with auto-save (CTRL+SHIFT+G) when on planet
4. FIXED: Crash due to gunship using incorrect gun file when fired. Bug introduced in 1.00.06 RC1
1. Added multiplayer specific planetary scenes in order to improve performance
2. FIXED: Major planetside lag due to a massive number of laser objects being fired and delegated by the server. This was a major showstopper and is due to the fact that the planetary scenes are within range of each other. So as soon as they are activated, all out war breaks out. Thus bringing the game to an unplayable state before long.
3. FIXED: various issues and crashes due to new multiplayer code.
1. Enabled CTRL+SHIFT+G support which auto-saves the current game state to slot #9. It does this without you having to completely quit the game to the main menu. Note that ALT+G remains unchanged, as this gives you more control over the save game slot, naming convention etc.
2. All save game ops will now prompt Y/N before proceeding.
1. Can now swap the yaw/roll on two-axis joysticks by pressing and holding SHIFT
2. FIXED: flight control mouse axis swapped when a joystick is plugged in and joystick swap roll/yaw is enabled in Config
3. FIXED: The Navitron/Tactical access control codes in the COMMAND menu were swapped
1. FSAA settings in Config now goes up to 16x. Also, only FSAA modes supported are available.
1. FIXED: orbiting objects (stations, ODS) were jumping around a little when flying close to them.
1. FIXED: console server was trying to use vertex buffers causing a crash when going to or starting on a planet
2. FIXED: remote ships weren't entering in hyperspace properly due to orientation prediction.
DUE TO THE DRASTIC CHANGES IN THIS VERSION, PREVIOUS SAVED GAMES ARE NO LONGER VALID. ALSO, ONLY BROADBAND CONNECTIONS ARE SUPPORTED.
1. Added revised GAME_COMMANDS.PDF file (removed CTRL+J entry)
2. Removed legacy Flight Path Trails
3. Removed fixed timed step option. Note: Multiplayer now always runs in fts mode.
4. Added native support for 1152x864 and 1440x900 resolutions
5. When disabled, ships - not being towed - will now self-destruct after a random period of five to ten minutes.
6. You can now abort Config button mapping by pressing the ESC key.
7. The SWAP ROLL/YAW AXIS option in Config now works with sticks that have an independent X axis (twist).
I have no idea why anyone would want to swap this but apparently some folks are so used to doing it the WRONG way that they are just used to it. I put the blame squarely on other space combat developers who started doing this crap way back when.
Listen guys, that X axis was introduced in order to allow rudder (which control yaw) controls in flight sims. Thats why most sticks with a twist axis use it for yaw. The default roll of the joystick is standard.
I really do think that you folks need to un-learn this improper way of flight controls and do it the correct way. If you insist on using yaw as your default joystick axis, you will be extrememly frustrated during combat in my games because the NPC pilots - who do it the proper way - will completely 0wn you time and time again.
Also, CTRL+J is now obsolete and will no longer work.
Multiplayer - The first in a slew of radical revisions in the multiplayer engine
1. Replaced dynamic object position prediction. New system now predicts position and orientation using spherical quaternion interpolation.
2. Added prediction to objects while in orbit or hyper jump.
3. Added basic laser prediction when an object is in transition to smooth it out.
4. Reduced the delay between multiplayer position update messages.
5. Added support for displaying the game type in server browser. Requires 'game_type=' added in [game] section of ucsetupMP.ini.
Two types are supported, DM (deathmatch) and BW (Base Wars). The latter is not a currently supported game type, so it has no effect when used.
6. Added "ms" text to the end of the ping on server list. Removed decimal part of the ping.
7. Changed client/server debug logging filenames to server_log.log and client_log.log
8. Multiplayer server now creates and uses ucconfigMP.ini instead of ucconfig.ini. A default version with the minimal settings, is included.
9. Added new UCMPCONSOLE.EXE app. This is a pure console server for use on remote servers which do not have any shader (3D graphics) hardware. No commandline params are required as everything is set by default.
10. FIXED: lasers 'last update tick' wasn't being updated, resulting in lasers moving faster than intended.
11. FIXED: server wasn't reliably sending lasers or armor impacts created by the server to the clients.
12. FIXED: when a client or NPC was destroyed the server wasn't broadcasting any message.
13. FIXED: collision detection no longer checks objects that are docked.
14. FIXED: server wasn't accepting the delegated dynamic objects properly.
15. FIXED: number of logic updates limited to 5 per frame to prevent infinite loop.
16. FIXED: positions are no longer predicted when the ship is in a transition.
17. FIXED: PTE objects weren't being properly positioned due to prediction. Also static objects (e.g. buildings) no longer have their positions predicted.
More articles about Universal Combat: Collector's Edition