Captain Blood is a hack'n'slash game based on the novels by Rafael Sabatini which tells an alternative story of the famous captain’s adventures. The story unfolds in the world of noble robbers and the golden age of piracy in the Caribbean. This is a world full of mysteries, intrigues and amazing feats.
Gameplay consists of three main elements: the first is when the hero participates in hand-to-hand fights and uses various cold steel and fire-arms against their enemies. The second are the fights against extremely powerful bosses and finally the ocean battles as the hero captures or destroys other boats. Ships boardings and fort assaults, treasure hunts and fights against dishonorable villains – this is the story of Captain Blood.
While traveling by land the player controls Captain Blood armed with a sword, guns and bombs. Some quests also require the assistance of the captain's faithful friend, Pitt. In these cases players control both of the characters, turn by turn. It is also possible to use different objects from the surroundings in a fight, cut the rope to bring the bunch of barrels down on the enemy and then pick the armor and weapons from their bodies.
At the end of a level when all the quests are completed the hero will meet a mighty boss. These scenes are shown as spectacular interactive movies. Bonus points obtained for victories allow players to develop the main character and gain access to new combos and spectacular fatalities.
Some missions require the captain’s seafaring skills. Standing at the wheel of his ship Blood will have to fight his enemies and send them to kingdom come. After each successful battle players gain new special abilities and improvements for their ship.
- Multiple styles of gameplay including desperate fights using multiply weapons, fierce encounters with bosses and thrilling sea battles
- Mass fights with more than twenty participants
- Two main characters acting in tandem during various missions
- Hand-to-hand Battle system with special movements and combos including spectacular fatalities
- Interactive surroundings: players can pick up and use various items such as barrels, boxes, guns and other weapons
- Cannons, mines, rams and even flame throwers – unique battle equipment on the boat
- Damage visualization system that shows which part of the ship was damaged by the enemy
Captain Blood, developed by SeaWolf, is coming to Xbox 360 and PC in 2008.
More articles about Captain Blood