Secret Agent Clank (PSP)
Developed by High Impact Games, the team behind the highly acclaimed Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Secret Agent Clank features a story that focuses on Clank as the central character. Delivering trademark Ratchet and Clank "tongue-in-cheek" humor, Secret Agent Clank takes cues from classic spy movies in an adventure that takes Clank to the far reaches of the galaxy to prove the innocence of his best friend, Ratchet.
"Ratchet and Clank has proven to be a witty, well produced franchise with a long lasting legacy of action packed gameplay, out-of-this world weapons, and family friendly humor," said Jeff Reese, director, software marketing, SCEA. "Developer High Impact Games bolsters that legacy with Secret Agent Clank, again bringing innovation to the platform while poking fun at the spy movies we all know and love."
Secret Agent Clank finds dry witted robot Clank as he dons his secret agent persona in order to exonerate Ratchet for a crime he did not commit. For the first time in the Ratchet & Clank series, players have the ability to play as four different characters throughout different portions of the game; Clank, Ratchet, Captain Qwark, and the Gadgebots each with signature styles of gameplay and objectives to achieve. While Clank is on the hunt for information to prove Ratchet's innocence, Ratchet is in prison fighting for survival against criminals which were put there by him. Meanwhile, Captain Qwark is one step behind Clank, arriving to locations and claiming credit for Clank's successes with outlandish stories executed by the player.
Featuring exotic locales suitable for only the classiest of robotic spies, Clank's adventure finds him snowboarding down a comet, engaged in a dance of death with the exotic Countess Lottbolts, competing in a high stakes card game, and discovering the foundry which produces all the bolts for the galaxy. Armed with high tech gadgetry, Clank must subdue enemies twice his size using an arsenal of upgradeable gadgets from cufflink bombs to a blowtorch briefcase.
Secret Agent Clank is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and older.
Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm (X360)
Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm was inspired by Sig, Edgar and Norman Hansen - three brothers who have made their living crab fishing on the Bering Sea aboard their family's fishing vessel, the Northwestern. The Hansen brothers started game development with Liquid Dragon Studios in October 2005.
Authenticity and realism were critical to the Hansen brothers. They invited key development team members to Dutch Harbor, Alaska to personally experience life on the Northwestern. The game's realism is enhanced with four real Bering Sea harbors and 34,000 miles of real Alaskan coastline created from the United States Geological Survey. In addition, Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm is the first video game to feature United States Coast Guard vessels and helicopters.
With waves over 40 feet high, Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm features the best wave effects in a video game to date. In the words of Captain Sig Hansen, "It may not be life or death, but chills went up my spine the first time I saw the Northwestern sink in the game."
Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm lets gamers captain their own boat in the frenzied search for King and Opilio crab. Gamers select one of five real crab boats, including the Northwestern, Cornelia Marie and Sea Star - all featured on the series, or create and customize their own boat. Gamers then recruit and manage their own crew from a roster of twenty real crab fishermen. Selecting the wrong boat or recruiting the wrong crew member can mean the difference between landing a Bering Sea jackpot or disaster. The ultimate goal is to return safely each season, upgrade your boat and crew, and attempt to break Captain Sig Hansen and the Northwestern crew's actual lifetime catch of twenty million pounds.
- Career Mode (Extremely realistic and challenging simulation for gamers and Deadliest Catch fans
- Missions (Includes United States Coast Guard missions, ice flow navigation)
- Mini-Games (Allows casual gamers to enjoy fun crab boat challenges, including crab boat races and skiff races)
- Five Authentic Crab Boats (including Northwestern and Cornelia Marie)
- Customize Your Own Boat
- 20 Real Fishermen (including Edgar and Norman Hansen, Josh and Jake Harris)
- Five Authentic Captains (including Captains Sig Hansen, Phil Harris and Larry Hendricks)
- 4,500 lines of recorded character dialogue
- 1st Time United States Coast Guard in Video Game
- Captain the 370ft. USCG Cutter Mellon
- Throw-the-Hook Mini-Game
- Skiff Racing Mini-Game
- 34,000 Miles Actual Coastline
- Four real Bering Sea harbors (Akutan, Dutch Harbor, King Cove and St. Paul)
- Virtual tour of the Northwestern crab boat
- 100 exclusive crew videos
- Xbox Live multiplayer for up to eight players
Whether a die-hard fan or someone who has never seen the Discovery Channel series, Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm is an immersive and challenging experience, putting them at the helm of one the world's most dangerous jobs-- that of a crab boat captain in the icy Bering Sea.
D eveloped by Liquid Dragon Studios and published by Greenwave, Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm, rated T, is available at select retailers such as Walmart, Gamestop, Best Buy and Blockbuster and can be ordered online. It's available now for the X360 ($59.99), and will be coming soon to PC ($39.99).
Supreme Ruler 2020 (PC)
Supreme Ruler 2020 is a strategic and tactical geo-political game where direct control of the military and the policies of a nation becomes the key to survival. Supreme Ruler 2020 features an economic and geo-political simulation of the real world unmatched in any other strategy game, and also features a tactical military model that allows players to plan and fight battles at the battalion level – zoom in to see an individual city or zoom out to see the entire world!
The 'no limits' design of Supreme Ruler 2020 allows players to battle it out for a small region of the world, or wage military campaigns against hundreds of regions across entire continents and oceans.Play one of the included missions or scenarios, or just play the world in Super Sandbox and watch the future unfold.Nearly unlimited options for customization and modding will also allow creation of new scenarios and 'what if' situations.
Will your leadership take you to new heights of power or will you be nothing more than a footnote in history?
By using high resolution satellite imagery provided courtesy of NASA, the Canadian developer BattleGoat Studios has certainly managed to create a unique feeling of accuracy when playing as one of 250 regions world-wide. In Supreme Ruler 2020 players can zoom in from outer space to small regions and capitals.
- Control any department within your government or delegate decisions to your Cabinet Ministers
- Sophisticated Military Strategic and Tactical Command System
- Select from hundreds of actual military vehicles to research, build, and deploy
- Choose conventional warfare or develop your nuclear weapons program
- Detailed Economic and Political Models
- Flexible Diplomatic Interface allowing sophisticated negotiations
- Play any one of over 250 Regions world-wide
- High Resolution Satellite imagery provided courtesy of NASA
- Single Player or Multi Player support
- Includes Map Editor and extensive modability
- Varied Game-play options include Regional Battles, Missions and Campaigns
- Next Generation AI
- Introducing BattleGoat's new Super Sandbox Mode for unlimited customization and replayability
The Political Machine 2008 (PC)
The Political Machine 2008 is a PC game that puts players in control of the 2008 presidential campaign. Play as the campaign manager for a host of candidates including Barack Obama, John McCain, Hillary Clinton, historical candidates or design one from scratch. The game is available at major U.S. retail outlets as well as directly from www.politicalmachine.com for $19.95. It requires Wndows XP or Windows Vista to play.
Players choose their campaign battlegrounds and are off on the campaign trail to face a host of challenges including fundraising, talk show appearances, hiring spin doctors and winning endorsements. The game is won on Election Day by the player who gets the necessary electoral votes to become President.
Real-world scenarios are mixed in with fantastical scenarios. Players can choose the U.S. 2008 election, U.S. 1860 election or play in fun and humorous fantasy campaigns including one that takes place on an alien world and one that takes place in “Europa”. Players can also choose what TV shows to be a guest on and will face tough questions from the hosts of shows like Colvert Report and the O’Malley Factor.
“Political junkies will appreciate many of the political consultants and strategies employed in the game such as the use of smear merchants, spin doctors, intimidators, cheer leaders, movie stars, etc.,” continued Wardell. “Strategy gamers will appreciate the balanced game mechanics that allow players to research new campaign tactics that even novice political observers can see from the current election.”
The Political Machine is both a single- and multiplayer game - players can either compete against the computer or against others online on www.politicalmachine.com.
Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop 3 (NDS)
Based on the popular virtual pets, help run over a dozen shops with adorable Tamagotchi pals. The NDS’ intuitive touch screen controls add a level of immersion the franchise has never seen.
“Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop 3 is a great way to teach the responsibility of running a business in a way that everyone can enjoy,” said Todd Thorson, Director of Marketing and Public Relations at Namco Bandai Games America. “Its fun mini-games, distinct art style and atmosphere will bring a smile to anyone’s face.”
Business in TamaTown is booming and it’s your job to make sure it stays that way. Team up with fan-favorite Tamagotchis: Violetchi, Mametchi, Memetchi or Kuchipatchi, and get behind the counter of more than 12 different stores. Each store comes with their own unique mini-games ranging from teaching piano to searching for hidden treasure or serving up ice cream. Maintain happy clientele and the shops will begin to grow, unlocking more challenging mini-games and new accessories.
After a long day at work, spend hard earned money to decorate your very own park with lots of fun items including water fountains, benches and flower beds. Daily visits to the park will not only allow you to watch the progress of your garden but also provide the opportunity to meet new Tamagotchis. Also be sure to stop by the Clock tower to hang out and get to know your newly found acquaintances. Additionally, try on and buy new outfits for your Tamagotchi partners or send journal entries and items to your friends via local wireless connection.
Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop 3, rated “E” for everyone, carries a suggested retail price of $29.99.
Space Invaders Extreme (NDS/PSP)
Space Invaders, a worldwide sensation since its original release in 1978, has been reborn as Space Invaders Extreme for NDS and PSP.
Loved around the globe for generations, these milestone titles in computer game history are simply timeless. Space Invaders Extreme was developed to appeal to fans of the original titles and a new generation of players alike. The exhilarating arcade experience is now portable and available on store shelves today.
- New Look: The classic design of the original Space Invaders, now with revamped graphics and new background movies that add to the game's excitement.
- New Music: Get in the groove with upbeat techno tunes that are synched to gameplay.
- New Mini-Games: Experience varied gameplay with mini-games (Rounds) that are launched mid-game - they add to the fun, and are a good way to rack up points.
- New Twists: Discover exciting twists to the classic game that provide exciting, fast-paced game play.
- New Functionalities:
- NDS Version
- Worldwide (Japan, North America and Europe) two player competitive play and score ranking available via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
- Two player wireless competitive play and game sharing available
- Compatible with Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSTM Lite Rumble Pak
- PSP system Version
- Two player competitive play available via ad hoc wireless connection
- NDS Version
Space Invaders Extreme, rated E for Everone, will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $19.99 (USD).
The 1986 blockbuster hit Arkanoid comes exclusively to NDS with multiple modes and playful new backgrounds. With Arkanoid DS, players can test their skills against other DS users through the multiplayer option.
Loved around the globe for generations, these milestone titles in computer game history are simply timeless. Arkanoid DS was developed to appeal to fans of the original titles and a new generation of players alike. The exhilarating arcade experience is now portable and available on store shelves today.
- Explore three game modes that offer varied gameplay designed for a wide range of users.
- Compete against two to four players via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, and enter high scores in the ranking system.
- Decorate ARKANOID DS with colorful designs by trading points gained through gameplay for fun backgrounds and icons.
- Rock to an irresistible soundtrack produced by Zuntata, TAITO's award-winning sound team.
Arkanoid DS, rated E for Everone, will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $19.99 (USD).