The core development team at The Easy Company, a Prague-based studio, previously held lead-positions at Illusion Softworks where they made significant contributions to a number of record-breaking hit titles including Hidden & Dangerous 1 and 2 and Mafia. The Easy Company have been working behind closed doors on its debut title for the past 14 months, an all-terrain off-road racer entitled Motorm4x for the PC.
Motorm4x is a game with a different and original concept, especially when talking about racing games. The big thing about it is that it does not look and work just like an ordinary racing game. This game is about you and your car, it is about driving. Driving just where and when you want. The structure of racing events is partially non-linear, and although there are still some „line making events“, the overall feeling of it is that player has a complete freedom of choice, which we think is quite important for an off-raod game. Would you like to take a free ride across the country? No problem – just select a vehicle you like or can afford and you are ready to go. If you prefer green alpine pastures and forests, ice cold plains of Arctic Circle, or rocky steeps full of red sand, this game is just the right choice for you. It is all here, waiting for your skills to explore and conquer.
- 3 spacious areas to explore – Alps, Alaska and Rocky Desert
- 10 all-terrain vehicles with individual attributes and potential
- Bonus cars of a very special kind
- 4 different race types:
- Race - lap based race against AI opponents
- Longrun - rally-style time trial
- Pathfinder - proove your skills to find the fastest way
- Trial - will test your driving abilities in dangerous terrain
- Destructible vehicles, equipment and environment
- Customizable cars and upgrades
- Changing weather and temperature conditions
- Refreshing free ride and garage where you can repair the car
- Ingame career
- Big navigation screen for your convenience
- Freedom of choice, great racing and outdoor experience
- Cars getting dirty – dirt, snow, sand and mud
Motorm4x is currently scheduled for release in Q2 2008.
More articles about Motorm4x