Double D Dodgeball features a unique look and environment combined with intuitive controls and intense gameplay that fans of the classic playground sport will appreciate.
- Eight-person multiplayer
- Four modes: Exhibition, Player Match, Ranked Match and Tournament
- GamerScore achievements and online leaderboards
- Four ball types with multiple playing surfaces
- Select between Eastern and Western rules
Eastern and Western cultures have many differences – language, food, television shows, hair styles, and, you guessed it… dodgeball. Western is the traditional style we grew up loving - two teams square off from opposite ends of the court, hurling balls at one another, trying to knock each other out. Players knocked out are sent to the sidelines where they must wait for a teammate to exact revenge and get them back in.
Well, in the East they've upped the action by adding a dynamic twist. When the match begins, one player on each team is placed in the opponent's outfield, a thin designated area surrounding the court. This player can catch and throw at opponents from behind, and is unable to be knocked out. As more players become knocked out, they are sent to the outfield where they can take shots and try to get back in themselves. Pass to your teammates so they can get themselves back in, or set up to hit your opponent from both ends. Matches can get pretty intense in the East Arenas, and working as a team is even more important.
Double D features a number of retro characters with different attributes. Mix and match to find your favorite and create the ultimate dodgeball team.
Balanced all-around character.
Special Shot: Throws a very fast ball.
Throws quickly, but moves slowly and doesn't catch well.
Special Shot: Super Shot that goes through opponents and can can double KO.
Excels at catching super shots.
Special Shot: Trick ball that stops and goes.
Moves fast and dodges well.
Special Shot: Accelerator ball that speeds after thrown.
Creates a glass ball that breaks when caught.
Special Shot: Throws two balls – a glass ball and normal ball.
- West Arena:
- Traditional method where two teams square off in an arena separated by a center line.
- Hit an opponent to knock them out.
- "Out" players are sent to the sidelines located behind their team's side of the court.
- Return when a teammate knocks out an opponent.
- East Arena:
- Arena contains a center line, and an outfield located around the outside of the court.
- One player from each team starts in the opponent's outfield and can throw balls at the other team.
- "Out" players are sent to the outfield. Hit an opponent from there to reenter the match.
Double D Dodgeball, rated E for Everyone, will launch this summer for 800 MS Points.
More articles about Double D Dodgeball