Frontlines: Fuel of War is an open-world First Person Shooter set in the next great war. In a world ravaged by a global energy crisis, environmental decay, and economic depression, players assume the role of an elite soldier in the Western Coalition Army on an epic crusade against the Red Star Alliance to control the lifeblood of the world’s economy. Frontlines: Fuel of War combines intensely cinematic, non-linear game play, with next generation firepower and a revolutionary Frontline Combat System to deliver the most thrilling and engaging FPS to date.
The 50-player warfare features an extensive variety of map sizes, intense ground combat, land vehicles and high powered helicopters and jets, revolutionizing what’s possible for large-scale online console game-play. Along with the increased player count for all available maps, the title update includes several new features based on fan requests that Kaos studios fulfilled. These include a new spawn protection system, as well as expanded voice-over-IP communications, which includes squad to squad chat, proximity, and inter-vehicle communication, for all 50 players.
In addition to the 50-player title update, THQ unveiled plans to release a new multiplayer Conquer Mode, as well as several all-new maps throughout 2008, providing compelling content for the growing online community. The first of these maps, Boneyard, is set to be released on Xbox Live Marketplace early summer 2008. Additional content will focus on new near future weapons, vehicles, and advancing the game’s near-future story premise; pitting the Red Star Alliance and Western Coalition against each other over the world’s dwindling oil supply.
- Push to talk is available for squad leaders. To activate, hold the “left directional button” and speak. You will be heard by all other squad leaders on your team.
- Proximity chat is available if you are in close range of other players. Simply speak into your headset when near another player.
- Inter-vehicle chat is available if you are in a vehicle with other players, simply speak into your headset and everyone in the vehicle will hear you.
- You can now set up to 50 players minimum when searching for games in Custom Match. If you set the minimum to 17 or above, you will only see Kaos dedicated servers.
- Additional 50 player servers with a variety of maps will be available by this weekend - yes, Solar Farm and Oil Field with 50 players!
• If players cannot enter a server because it is full, they will receive the message “game server is full” rather than “game session no longer available”.
• Custom filters will filter servers based on “minimum players” count rather than maximum, so players can find 32-player and 50-player dedicated servers faster. This also gives you the option to find only “Kaos Dedicated Servers” much easier.
• LSP Consoles are no longer freezing. This causes errors in server status in the custom server browser.
• Custom server browser will retrieve all dedicated server pings.
• Fixed - Incorrect player counts due to player not correctly registering with host player through Xbox live.
• Fixed - Incorrect player counts due to player counting as a negative number on Xbox live.
• Fixed - Incorrect player counts due to player counting as an extra player on Xbox live.
• New Feature! VoIP works with 50 players (previously capped at 32 players).
• New Feature! Push-to-talk squad leader chat channel. Want to chat with same team Squad leaders on your side? Now you can!
• New Feature! Proximity chat that allows you to talk to your teammates within a specific proximity.
• New Feature! Inter-vehicle chat that allows you to talk to your teammates within the same vehicle.
50 Player Maps:
• Enhanced memory usage to allow more variety of 50 player maps. We will provide a list soon of the server’s available for 50 players. Get ready for our biggest MAPS at 50 such as SolarFarm, Oilfield, Gnaw and more!
• Fixed - 50 Player Servers fail to appear in the Search Browser results menu after all clients have exited the server during gameplay.
• Fixed - 50 Player XLSP servers fail to appear in the Search Browser menus unless the LSP Console is restarted and a 32-player server is started on the same server Pod.
• Fixed - Hosted 50 player XLSP servers do not appear in Server browser. Also finding 50 player matches are much easier!
• Fixed - Ranked servers not completing countdown when reaching min player count at times.
• Fixed - Ranked servers not allowing some players to join before match begins in some cases.
• Fixed- some ranked sessions will load players directly to end-of-match scoreboard.
• Fixed - Player statistics are missing from the overview Leaderboard when at least 2 open NAT clients quit after a ranked match begins.
• Fixed - Stalemate statistics are missing from the player overview in the Ranked Leaderboards.
• Fixed - Stats fail to be accessible when there is a Stalemate in a Ranked match in the Leaderboards when player uses new profile.
• Fixed – Air Support Time Played to be misrepresented in the Ranked Leaderboards
• Fixed - The stats fail to be recorded when a Ranked match ends by forfeit in the Leaderboards.
• Fixed - The client’s total time played is doubled on the Leaderboards after exiting and re-entering a match in the same round in some instances.
• Fixed - Suicides count as kills in the Leaderboards.
• New Feature! Spawn Protection: Players will spawn with a few seconds of invulnerability that will end if they perform an action to prevent spawn camping.
• Fixed - Auto Balance The user is unable to switch teams in any listen or XLSP server after hosting a match with Auto Balance on in multiplayer. We also improved the auto balance process.
• Sentry guns take less damage to destroy.
• Sentry guns will cause slightly less damage.
• Grenade launcher damage vs infantry has been slightly reduced.
• Fixed – deploying drone while weapon pie HUD is button mashed leaves a headless soldier.
• Fixed - Vehicles fail to take damage after colliding with explosive barrels, causing them to explode, during MP Gameplay.
• Fixed - Players can fly to top of maps by standing on turrets, while drones fly the turrets into the air.
• Fixed - The Red Star Light Armor Vehicle machinegun fires continuously non-stop when switching from the gunner position while firing.
• Fixed - The host’s controller fails to vibrate while damaged in the gunner seats of transport helicopters and the light armor vehicles in multiplayer matches.
• Fixed: We will now receive vibration reaction from your controller when getting hit when inside a vehicle ( driver or passenger)
Single Player Gameplay:
• Bots that target player from behind cover remain in cover after they empty their clip.
- In both single player and multiplayer, players join the forces on the frontline that result in focused combat and increased intensity while allowing player choice.
- In both single player and multiplayer, players can create their own path to victory with non-linear mission objectives and destructible environments. The player chips away at the battle instead of standard die and redo system.
- Over 60 next generation vehicles and weapons inspired by military designs of the near future. Including Jets, helicopters, tanks, APC’s and more.
- Character customization allows you to represent your play style through character choices, weapon load out and role specialization.
- Supports up to 32 players on Console and 64 players on PC via LAN or Internet with shared targeting systems, squad based VOIP and more.
More articles about Frontlines: Fuel of War