The PC version of Alone in the Dark is protected using SecuROM online activation. This requires that in addition to the content on the game disk, players download an additional component via an internet connection in order to install and run the game. Once the game has been correctly installed and activated, it can be played whilst offline.
To install the game on a different computer, players must revoke the serial number when uninstalling from the first machine (this is an automatic option during the uninstall process).
For activation instructions and more information on the revoke system and license use, please go to the SecuROM FAQ.
Developed by Hydravision, Alone in the Dark follows the same story across all platforms, where over the course of one apocalyptic night, hero Edward Carnby must uncover the earth-shattering secret hidden in New York's iconic Central Park.
Central Park is hiding a secret. Built as a safe haven not only for the people of New York, but for something else entirely, generations of guardians have long protected the truth, preserving the vast parkland while the most expensive city in the world reached skyward on its fringes. Now the truth can no longer be contained, and paranormal investigator Edward Carnby finds himself inexplicably cast into the eye of the storm as over the course of one apocalyptic night he must uncover the earth-shattering secret behind Central Park. New York will never be the same again.
Inspired by the gripping style of contemporary TV dramas, the game delivers a new degree of narrative intensity, presented as a complete season format of episodes each containing action, twists and cliff-hangers. Bursting with innovative technology, including unprecedented environmental interaction, revolutionary physics, advanced artificial intelligence, stunning visuals, and uniquely immersive user interface, Alone in the Dark breaks gaming clichés to fulfil the next-gen promise and deliver a new kind of entertainment experience.
- Central Park: one of the world’s most iconic and best loved urban landmarks, Central Park has been accurately reproduced using satellite data and thousands of photographs;
- Captivating story: The story reveals the conspiracy behind Central Park and challenges beliefs on the afterlife, based on ideas and theories drawn from real-world spiritual philosophies;
- Narrative Intensity: taking cues from blockbuster TV dramas, the story is told in a TV season-style narrative structure to deliver the maximum intensity throughout, keeping the player hooked;
- Real world rules: revolutionary technology brings a new level of environmental interaction to the gameplay where anything you could do in real life, you can do in the game;
- Immersion: the player is plunged into the heart of the action in real-time with full movement control, in-game inventory system, on-body damage and healing system, and physiological effects;
- Photographic Rendering: Eden’s proprietary Twilight technology and rendering engine create a lavishly detailed game world with highly realistic and advanced cinematographic effects including depth of field, camera focus, numerous light sources, moisture, reflections and High Dynamic Range effects.
PC minimum spec is as follows:
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista 32-bit & 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or Athlon X2 +3800 (Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +4000 recommended) *
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 9.5 GB free
- DVD-ROM Drive: 4X speed or faster
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or ATI Radeon X1950 or better (NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 XTX or better recommended)
- Sound: DirectX version 9.0c-compatible sound card
- DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher
Alone in the Dark is currently scheduled for June 24, 2008.
More articles about Alone in the Dark